Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Album Art Blackberry comparison

Discovered that the Playbook is better at including music album art than the Z10.

I copy albums to my Playbook and, lately, the album cover artwork always appears, too.

That is not happening with my Z10, and I have found, with the latest iTunes, that finding the album art within that software has become impossible. I have given up, so it's a shame that the Blackberry Link has less ability than the Desktop Software that I use with the Playbook in this regard.

When, assuming it happens, the OS for the Playbook is updated to that of the Z10, I hope that the Desktop Software is  copied to the Z10, or the Link software is greatly improved.

Super Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Re: Album Art Blackberry comparison

Found it's necessary to do it the hard way. 

Go to Google Images, input the artist/album, download an image, rename it folder.jpg and put it in the Z10 / Music / Artist / Album folder. 

Lots of work, because lots of albums lacking the album art. Even when importing from iTunes on the computer via Blackberry Link with automatic updates ticked.

Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 64GB WiFi
My Carrier: Rogers

Even with folder.jpg there, album artwork is not properly behaving for me.  Link is killing me!  The only saving grace for me at this point is Neutron music player.  Being an Android port, the UI isn't that great, but at least I can see my album artwork.

Blackberry... would you please fix this issue!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10

I went the Windows Media Player route. Even still, outside of that, some downloaded tracks might have embedded art which can confuse things. Then in WMA I found that if I used the auto download of album info while ripping cd's and the art didn't match, WMA stores that jpg somewhere down deep in the system directories and is very persistent on keeping that art unless you remove it from that directory. I don't have a particularly large library so I stopped using the auto download. Ditto on folder.jpg. Once everything is arranged to your liking in WMA then you can also preview what it might look like by scrolling down everything in Link and seeing if there are any problems. Then finally, the sync to the Z10 simply took its long time to upload and all the art shows up properly.

Tip: put compilation albums of different artists in an ARTIST called compilations or whatever you like and then the albums under that.