Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

Alphabetical Listing of Folders

OK - this is more of a pet peeve, than an issue

When i file a message into a folder - the folders are not listed alphabetically.  They are just in some random format (maybe the order they were created in?) 

When you consider i have 20-30 folders, it is a pain to find the right folder to file into

Does anyone know if there is a way to resort the folders alphabetically?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Alphabetical Listing of Folders

Hello Jjang,

Thank you for your question.

If you are viewing folders on your device memory or media card via the File Manager you shoud be able to customize your sorting view by selecting the 3 dots in the bottom right corner to display the menu, selecting Sort then choosing between Name, Date, Type and Size. You also have the options to choose the order as Ascending or Descending.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

Hi. No I am referring to when I am in the hub. And I open an email msg and then I file the message into a subfolder
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Thanks for clarifying. There is currently no method to sort the folder display when filing messages into a subfolder on BlackBerry 10.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

Isn't alphabetical logical ???? Wow
BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

It's not how it currently works but it does seem logical.

I've been looking at some folders I've created and it does appear to be a mixture of the default folders first and then order created

Regular Contributor

Lol Thanks for the honesty It is displaying in order of creation. I just tested as well
BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

So I found a bit more info.  When I initially setup my account it was showing folders in order of creation.  I removed that account from my settings and then readded it.  It now had all user-created folders sorted alphabetically (after the default folders). I created another folder that should have gone 2nd in my list but instead was last.

So it appears to initially pull down the folder structure alphabetically and then new folders that are created are added to the end as they are created.

If you remove/readd the account that should force your existing folders to go alphabetical.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 & Playbook
My Carrier: T-mobile

I've posted questions on this issue in two other similar threads:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Exchange-Folders-not-appearing-as-they-sh...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Activesync-Folder-sorting/m-p/2253207/highligh...

When you refer to order of creation, do you mean then the folder was created in Outlook?

I have about 20-30 subfolders under Inbox, but not all the (even randomly ordered) folders get placed under the Inbox. How can I get the subfolders to display alphabetically? Ironically, when I go to advanced settings to select which folders I want to sync, the subfolders are displayed by alpha.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

fortunately on the BlackBerry10 phones, at the screen where you choose the destination folder, you can simply type parts of the folder name, and it will filter in real time (find-as-you-type).

This is not the same as an alphabetical ordering, but very practical (at least on the Q10/Q5).

-BD-
are you aware if the current behaviour is considered a bug by BlackBerry?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: