Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

Re: Any further info on the Z10 USB sync with Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks for this, Vicious Ferret, but there is a serious problem here. BB made a point of saying there would be two-way sync. Lack of this functionality has already cost BB *a lot* in PR and reputational terms. The Z10's launch in the UK was not a massive success and the launch in the US has not been too brilliant either. The defensive post-launch soundbites from BB have only made things worse. The lukewarm reception for what I still think is a beautiful machine is in large part because web commentary sites (to use an umbrella term) have been *inundated* with complaints about this lack of USB-sync functionality which have killled enthusiam for the Z10. This issue is also a major reason why so many Z10s have been returned to stockists in the UK. If BB doesn't sort this issue out by the time the Q10 launches in the UK - scheduled apparently to happen at the end of this month - then it will inflict lasting and serious damage on BB. In many ways, the most telling thing about this whole saga is that the company is so remote that it failed to understand that this particular glitch / omission would piss off so many of its loyal fans who would then take to the ether to voice their complaints. BB now has *very lttle time* - roughly about 10 days - to correct this lack of functionality because we, the ordinary punters who pay BB suits and tekkies their wages, are losing patience with BB's failure to deliver on its promises.     

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Here, here (maxfindlay). Well said.

While I agree the Z10 is a lovely machine, this lack of syncing in the fashion we all are used to (and remain wanting to) really is a big error on the part of BB. That they didn't even consider this a bad omission is poor enough. If they're not going to do something about it - and quickly - then they really don't have a chance of survival in the smartphone arena.

I've purchased the DejaOffice/CompanionLink software which offers a third-party way of syncing... but it's annoyong that I have to use this in lieu of the natice 'Contacts' function whenever I want to contact someone who's not in either my FB, Twitter, LI account! Ditto having to run a 'second' calendar - it makes the Z10 a bit clunky, completely defeating the object of the phone in the first place. Plus, I had to pay for it.

To be fair, Vodafone were prepared to take the phone back. But I've got BB in my blood, being such a long-term and (relatively) happy user for many years. In one last chance, I'm hoping BB honour their promise of making the sync two-way asap. If not, it's Android for me. (Or Windows.)

Regular Contributor

'No estimated time when two-way synchronisation will be available'? Are you kidding me? Why not? How long does this take to sort out? Surely it's priority for BB, given the amount of negative feedback the Z10 has received solely on this point (of lack of Ms Outlook functionality) from die-hard BB fans.

BB has included information on one of its Menus in the Link s/w that says two-way syncing '...will be available...', but I think it's very poor if they are not able to advise any form of ETA, either directly or through those such as yourself, ViciousFerret.

On our - and everyone's - behalves, could you pose the question to the BB Tech teams and see if they can give us a rough date. It's the least they can do given our continued support to stick with them despite feeling utterly let down...
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Can we please have the step by step instructions to do the outlook usb sync?

TPW
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

It goes without saying this is very disappointing.  I have been a BB user for quite sometime, I have tried them all and remain a loyal BB user.  My sales rep at ATT even joked with me what are you going to do when BB goes out of business......... My hopes for the Z10 just kept me smiling back at him, maybe he knew something I didn't ?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey Tmobilemaster,

Follow the steps in this blog post to setup the one way synchronization with Microsoft Outlook: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-link-import-outlook/

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 black
My Carrier: Verizon

Well, yes, of course we have questions. What it looks to me like is, quite a few of us want to know when a 2-way USB sync with Outlook will be available. If BlackBerry can give us some kind of time frame it will really ease the frustration.

Contributor

The wait is over!

Our indie development team has built a two-way USB sync between BB10 Contacts, Calendar and Remember apps and Microsoft Outlook contacts, calendar, notes, and tasks.

Check it out:
www.bb10outlooksync.com

Help us with your feedback and we'll continue to improve this application. We support BlackBerry and are confident they will release something soon. Please check out our app in the mean time.

We believe in USB Sync!!
Regular Contributor

This sounds like great news, but I see from your press release that you have teamed up with Companion Link. Can you tell us what the difference is between your software and CL's DejaOffice please?
Highlighted
Contributor

Our link is direct PC to BlackBerry 10 Contacts, Calendar and Remember. It doesn't use a ported Android App. Also, the USB Connection doesn't use the Cloud so it is fully secure. Because it is simple, our price is half of what CompanionLink charges.

Full Disclosure: We have partnered with CompanionLink to assist us with web infrastructure, co-marketing and technical resources.

We believe in USB Sync!!