Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Any further info on the Z10 USB sync with Microsoft Outlook?

I purchased CL/DO... but it doesn't interface with the Z10's 'Hub', effectively negating the point of it! For example, if  I have a contact in my Outlook contacts list, but they're not on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn, I CAN'T access them via the Hub - the only way I can call them (for example) is by opening the DejaOffice app and interrogating my Outlook contacts from there. But I won't be able to 'see' these contacts speedily through the Hub.

Are you saying that with your software, I COULD access my Outlook contacts directly from the Hub of my Z10. (If so, I'll definitely be buying it!)

Ditto for the calendar and tasks? I have to access them via DejaOffice, rather than natively through the Z10's 'Calendar' and 'Task' icons on the phone's home screen.

Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

>> Are you saying that with your software, I COULD access my Outlook contacts directly from the Hub of my Z10.

That's exactly right! Our application syncs Outlook to BB10 Hub so things like Caller ID and the other Hub features work nicely.
We believe in USB Sync!!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Then I shall be buying it! Well done for getting us this much-needed product.
Regular Contributor

Well... I've just downloaded the BB10 PC Outlook Sync s/w and app.

It's very slow to synchronise via the USB connection - taking around 10 minutes.

And while it does allow you to find your Outlook contacts from the Contacts icon, I've immediately noticed that not all the Outlook Calendar info has been synced across. Uh?????

Also, hitting the 'Synchronise' button on the Z10 doesn't ask for the phone to be connected to the PC via USB - it simply begins 'synchronising...'. I guess all it's doing is taking the existing info from DejaOffice.

So it would appear to be no better than CL's DO software and app after all. Smiley Sad

TPW
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

This question is for the BB Tech Advisor on this list (or anyone with an answer) is there a concrete date or answer to this USB sync issue ? The two calendar thing has gotten old.  If BB is not going to give us a solution just tell us yes or no !

Soon is not an answer !

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

TPW you had the answer : "later this year". So before December 31st.

You may not like it, but this is the answer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Sir/Madam,

After tranfer of Outlook Contacts for 1st time, I found many contacts missing.

Thereafter I had backed up phone contacts and deleted all from phone.

Now I can restore the few phone contacts that I had backed-up but unable to re-transfer the full Outlook contacts.

Hope you inform the proceedure.

Regards,

Purnendu Samanta.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

are the missing contacts in a contacts category?
if so, remove the category.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

No the contacts are not in category.

2nd time transfer of all contacts from outlook cannot be done. Transfer message shows only new contacts would be transferred.

Hope you can inform the proceedure. 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 black
My Carrier: Verizon

For me, that IS an answer - thanks. No, I'm not happy having to wait maybe 7-8 months for a complete fix, but it does give us all a firm deadline. At least for me, that really helps. At this point I'd rather focus on a concrete distant deadline than keep thinking (every week, week after week), hey, they said they're working on it, so maybe by next week they'll have it all worked out! 

Knowledge is power, and all that.