Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Any further info on the Z10 USB sync with Microsoft Outlook?

That doesn't show up on my screen---anywhere.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Swisscom

New version 1.1 BB Link can only import Outlook file but... There's no chance to do an Outlook one-way sync if you use Outlook 2007 and newer with MS Exchange. The file created is an OST file and not a PST file. So if you want to sync your calendar and your contact the only chance is:

- Use Outlook connector and each time copy to and from this account

- Use Bluetooth to send modification (one way from PC to Phone) and send back from Phone to PC

- Use this s.... of Companionlink using DejaOffice and Dejahub but be carefull... you must switch off Wifi because the Companion link (PC side) uses the BB Link to detect phone and of course if both are in same wlan the BB Link will detect your phone and tries to sync... And of course... don't sync your contact. The best way is to send VCF Card for each. Normally you don't have too much change. I advice to buy x-Contact. With this you can delete all contacts, and import/export VCF file. This is, i think, the best and secured way to sync contacts especially if you have a lot.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello acopernix,

if you have an Exchange account, why not sync directly from your Exchange account to your Z10 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Contributor

I use Outlook 2007 and was able to do a USB sync, but I had to shut down Outlook accounts to one and to make Outlook my default mailer for it to work.
TPW
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

I have had my z10 for a few months, it seems like forever. I find it unbelievable that after all this time there are still so many of us out there that are having all these problems......and not one response from BB that I know of.  I participated in a three day questionnaire if you will a week or so ago. In my humble opinion we z10 users for the most part are doomed ! The reason I say this is because they asked me questions such as...."if I was at a party and saw the z10 there how would it make me feel"......... as if this phone was a person.........are you f--king kidding me ?? I answered them ......it is a tool, not a person, and that is part of the problem.......in my opinion. I may be wrong but most BB users are using them for business not to watch TV. I was hoping that BB would take what was great about BB and build in some new systems to make it even better...... No such Luck !!!  This is frustrating !  My only advice to BB would be , be yourself stop trying to be something else ........it's not working !

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 black

YES YES YES! Perfect timing for the US launch (well, that's good news for me, anyway - I'm in the USSmiley Happy

Verizon says my Q10 is in the mail. I'd already made a vow not to even open the box, though, until this USB Outlook sync thing was fixed. I am SO GLAD if I don't have to wait any more.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 02

i agree with you.  I can think of at least 10 people i have put off buying the z10 as i have been honest and pointed out this crazy situation of making a phone that is inconvenient to the average business user!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

which crazy situation, GAJIT ?
2-way sync is now available.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 02

When did that appear - why was i not told!?

Where do i get it?