Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Applications Permissions error

When I go to the Applications Permissions function in the Security section of Settings I only get a "There are no applications to manage" message. There are no applications shown even though I have well over a hundred. I'm running OS 10.2.1.2102 on a Z10 model STL 100-3. I'm quite upset that I cannot now adjust my permissions security settings for my apps. I've Googled this with little success. Perhaps someone else here has had this experience. Thanks for your help.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Applications Permissions error

[ Edited ]

Cattus wrote:

When I go to the Applications Permissions function in the Security section of Settings I only get a "There are no applications to manage" message. There are no applications shown even though I have well over a hundred. I'm running OS 10.2.1.2102 on a Z10 model STL 100-3. I'm quite upset that I cannot now adjust my permissions security settings for my apps. I've Googled this with little success. Perhaps someone else here has had this experience. Thanks for your help.

There are 2 ways to get there, Security and Privacy  - Permissions or App Manager, but they both should show all your apps.

Try pulling the battery and reboot.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Make sure the drop-down menu at the top is set to 'All'. If it is then restart your phone to see if that helps. Press and hold your power button until 'BlackBerry' appears on the screen. Ignore anything you see before that.

Try that and post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your responses.  However, before I get any more responses from people wanting to be helpful let me elaborate so that you understand the issue more clearly prior to response.

I am a relatively savvy BB10 user.  I also know how to reboot, pull the battery, reinstall my O/S, etc.  I know where the applications permissions function is and how to get there in the various ways.  I have used the applications permissions function since getting my phone on the day of release last year.  I regularly review the permissions for file access and other reasons on a regular basis to ensure that my privacy has not been breached.  But now I cannot.  I get the message I explained in my first post and no apps are visible in the list - actually there is no list - just the message.

Some articles I have read insinuate that too many apps can cause this problem.  I am not sure of that.  I deleted over 10 apps as soon as I read those suggestions and to no avail.

Has anybody on this forum experienced this?  Does anybody from Blackberry cruise here and help out.  If I cannot get a fix, i'll try to clear the phone and reinstall my O/S and apps though I dislike doing that just for the time it takes.  Thanks to all.