Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Apps 'unavailable for this device' on old phone ?

I've passed my Z10 on to a colleague for a second opinion before sending it back withing the 14 days I have. In the meantime, I'm now back on my trusty Torch 9810. Since going back to it however, I've noticed a number of my apps are no longer listed. In 'My world' they are now listed under 'Other Devices' and showing as 'Unavailable for this device'. as far as I can work out, the Z10 seems to have decided these apps were incompatible, and they're now no longer working on my old phone. Surely I don't have to re-download them all do I ?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Apps 'unavailable for this device' on old phone ?

Hey Mfarmilo,

Are you logged into BlackBerry World online? If you log into BlackBerry  World on the BlackBerry smartphone, do you see the applications listed under My World?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I log into Blackberry World on my old phone (which I've now gone back to), and as earlier said a number of apps are no longer showing in 'My World'. To see them, I have to select 'Other Devices' at the top, and they're all listed in there as 'Unavailable for this device'.

Retired

Hey mfarmilo,

Can you provide a few  examples of the application that are displaying 'Unavailable for this device'? 

Thanks. 

-HB

Contributor

Whatsapp was one of them but I've reinstalled it. and another one that I can't remember.  MyTasks and Role Call Reminders Lite are currently still in that list.

Retired

Hey,

If you search for the applications in BlackBerry World does it give you an option to download and reinstall? Rather than going to My World and reinstalling.

Thanks.

-HB

Contributor

I assume you mean 'Blackberry App World' - I can't find a 'Blackberry World' on the Torch. Searching for the apps I named doesn't find either of those - maybe they're no longer available. Couldn't tell you about the other ones as I've already reinstalled them I'm afraid, or deleted them.

Retired

Hey Mfarmilo,

Sorry for the confusion, the name was recently changed to 'BlackBerry World', but in regards to the applications, they may no long be available, you can try reaching out to the application vendors to see if they still offer the applications.

Thanks.

-HB

Contributor

No, most of the apps in question are definitely still available, for example Whatsapp which is very much still alive - not yet available on the BB10, but running fine on the Torch. Indeed the apps in question appeared to be still running on the Torch after coming back to it, it's just that Blackberry World was listing them as'unavailable for this device'. It seems the apps in question aren't yet available on BB10 - could that be why the Blackberry World flagged them this way ? It appears to be fairly harmless either way, although I did accidentally delete some of the more obscure ones thinking they must be no longer in use, before I realised what had happened.

Retired

Hey,

I tried reproducing this issue but was unsuccessful, this issues seems to have been caused by the switch, I have reported this issue and currently the only solution would be to reinstall the applications. 

Thank you.

-HB