Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Auto Email selection

I sent an email to a incorrect email address, and now whenever I send an email to that person, the wrong email comes up with the correct one. I dont like that as one day I may accidentally send to the wrong email again. How do I delete these email addresses.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Auto Email selection

Open contact list, tap that contact, tap Edit, hide keyboard, tap the x next to the one to delete.

The problem is that it is not a email that is in my contact list. It is an email that is stored on the BB. so when I compose a new email, and start typing the email to the individual, the incorrect email comes up as an option. BB remebers all the email addresses you send, reply and forward to, then brings them up when you are selecting an email adress, which is a great feature, except when it is not a valid email. the email address is not in the contacts.

Thanks,

Forums Veteran I

Looks like the only way to get rid of it may be to wipe the phone.

Forums Veteran I

Put it in the contact list, restart the phone, delete it, restart again. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

The quick way to do this is to simply delete your email account from your phone, then go back in ,and set up your same email once again.. Doing this clears all the cache of all the stored email names that comes up in the auto suggestion box.

That is my biggest beef with email system BB has, as every email I receive whether it be junk mail, **bleep** mail, or whatever, all these emails gets added to my auto suggestion box when composing an email.

Yes, that is frustrating, I like the feature, but you need to be able to delete the ones you don't want. I don't want to dump them all. I think BlackBerry needs to take this as a suggestion. Thanks,