Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Zain Kuwait

BB Maps showing arabic language..!!!

Hi,

I'm having BB Z10. I live in Kuwait. The current OS version on my Z10 is 10.1.0.4181  

I remember before doing this update my BB Maps display language was english. But now its showing in arabic. I know u guys will be saying it happens because of the locale region where i'm. But there should be an option were people can prefer to have or to set their languages. There are many kinds of people living in the GCC arab countries, not only just arabs...so its really pathetic to think that this sort of update would help people for the country where they are living in.

I read through the forums that many people are having the same problems & its not yet fixed. I tried the option BB Maps --> settings--> units of measure--> change device settings. The language given is "English" & the region is "United States (English)" and the measurement system is "Metric". The enabled languages on my Z10 is only 'English'.

Now pls tell me how can i get english display on my BB Maps for my use. I use the maps for naviagation wherever i go.... now this has bought me to a big problem. Pls reply & sort out this issue.

Regds,

Mathew

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: du

Re: BB Maps showing arabic language..!!!

Same here. I face the same problem. . BlackBerry should rectify such issues asap.