Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone-UK

BB Z10 (100-2) won't turn on: red led blinks once and then three more times after a short pause.

Hello.

This morning my bb was working fine, however when I looked at it later it was black and the led was flashing 4 times. first one blink and then after a short pause 3 more. I was wondering if there is a way t fix it? The thing is I bought my bb in UK, however atm I am in Switzerland and intend to stay here until late July, therefore I won't be able to warranty service it until late July, and the thought of not being able to use my bb for so long scares me...

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BB Z10 (100-2) won't turn on: red led blinks once and then three more times after a short pause.

Sounds like it lost it's OS.  Try connecting to BB Link and hopefully it will offer to load the OS for you.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: 64gb Playbook, Multiple Z10's
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Z10 (100-2) won't turn on: red led blinks once and then three more times after a short pause.

alternatively. you can open Internet Explorer with the device hooked up and visit this page

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/blackberry10-os.html

New Contributor

Guys, thanks for your replies. Unfortunatelly your suggestions didn't work( BB link offers to reinstall OS, however the process is just infinetly stuck at the "initianalisation" stage. While website simply doesn't recognise connected device( 

Any more ideas are welcome)

Super Contributor

You can try to get hold of an autoloader file of the OS for your device.   I'm not allowed to post 3rd party links, but if you go to a 3rd party BB fan site, like BlackBerryOS or CrackBerry you should be able to find one.   Google can be your friend here.

Once you have an autoloader of the correct OS, you just run the file on your PC, connect up your device, and do a battery pull.  Cross your fingers.

Also those beeps and flashes could indicate a hardware issue.  When I googled it I found articles about a lost OS, BUT they were referring to legacy BBs not BB10 devices.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Autoloader usually just asks for my password and freezes when I enter it.... Rarely it is kind enough to upload my ram image, then freeze and then report an error "connection lost"... I really hope that this doesn't mean that I have a hardware issue, does it?!

Super Contributor

iood wrote:

Autoloader usually just asks for my password and freezes when I enter it.... Rarely it is kind enough to upload my ram image, then freeze and then report an error "connection lost"... I really hope that this doesn't mean that I have a hardware issue, does it?!

I'm really starting to lean towards hardware issue, BUT before you take it in for repair or replacement try switching USB ports, if you are using the front ones try the back, or vice versa.  Also try using another USB cord.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

New Contributor
My Device: z10

I experienced just the same issue yesterday.  Left it charging in the clock mode prior night and woke up to find the black screen and same flashing LED sequence as you are seeing.  I took it into T-Mobile and they are replacing the phone.  Definitely appears to be a hardware issue.

New Contributor

Thank you guys for your replies and advices. Unfortunatelly none has worked, so I will have to wait until I am back in UK((( but anyway, again thanks)

@rbongarten: well, hopefully they will replace my too, and we won't have this issue with our new phones Smiley Wink

P.S. I wonder what actually causes it... I heard 9900 had that issue with random hardware faults, hope Z10 won't have it (for long)

New Contributor
My Device: z10

You and me both.  After waiting patiently for BB to catch up, it is disappointing that there are a couple of seriously significant issues with the Z10.  Best of luck.