Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

BB Z10 Contacts and Texting Issue

I have a very serious issue with my BlackBerry Z10

When someone texts me and I go to text them back, the person I am thinking I am texting is not that person.... I go into that persons contact and they have 2-3 different numbers under their name now, and a few of my other contacts are like that now. Seems other peoples numbers just randomly appear under various peoples contact profiles, so I don't know if I am texting the right person or not.

Also when I woke up and looked at my text messages, many of them had suddenly had other contacts included into other text conversations, which became a group text, I have no idea how this is happening but it is screwing things up for me badly, I don't know if I am talking to the right person and all my contacts are messed up and mixed around by their numbers.

Who knows how contacts are automatically added to my previous conversations let alone numbers randomly being shuffled out of the blue, now I am worried these conversations are spread or sent to other contacts, and now who knows how many of my contacts are messed up and have numbers under their name that shouldn't be there.

Am I going to need a new phone here, do I have a dud???

I switched back to Blackberry cause I love you guys and when this new OS came out I got rid of my iPhone and came back, cause I couldnt handle the issues anymore with the 9300 curve 2 years ago anymore.... now I have the Z10, not even a month into it, this major issue happens..... did I make a mistake, please dont let me down Blackberry,

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Z10 Contacts and Texting Issue

You didn't make a mistake, after using the z10 for a while, you will find it to be super fast smooth phone and also the hub and Browser is worth the switch. I bought my wife an Iphone 5 same time I picked up the z10, she now wishes she got a BB z10 instead, her phone is very slow compared to the z10 and she hates that she cant put a sd card in her phone and has no option to change the battery or carry an extra one. The Phone on the Iphone 5 is superior to the z10 and definetly more apps..  Its a very simple phone for her and easy to use.

Since you are experiencing these odd issues, I would suggest to do a BB Link Factory restore. When I got my phone 2 months ago, I had stupid issues the first couple of days, then when I did a factory restore and didn't use my old BB phone for device switch, everything runs super fast and I don't have anymore issues.  If you use outlook as your contacts and calendar, then I would make sure you delete all old archive contacts and suggested contacts from our outlook before you do the sync.

Highlighted
My Device: z10
My Carrier: digicel

Re: BB Z10 Contacts and Texting Issue

I have the same problem! texts come in as if from John but they are reallty coming from Mary and when you click reply you are replying to John.

Hope someone has a solution