Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Wataniya

BB Z10 Email Password Problem

Hello Everyone,

I am having a very weird issue, I have setup my gmail and company email as imap in hub setting. I can receive all the email easily, but the problem is that whenever i change my wifi connection or some times even when my phone is connected to same wifi network and I wakeup the device, it will ask me for email password.  Now this happens alot and sometimes I have to enter password around 6 or 7 times continously and it will again ask for password as soon as I wake my phone again.

But even with this Password Issue, I still keep on receiving mails and i can even send. It really annoying as I am reading something or working something in a different app and the passowrd dialogue ops up.

P.S whenever i enter email password I tick on the SAVE PASSWORD, so that i dont have to manually enter it always.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Z10 Email Password Problem

Hello and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your email.

To better assist, is it your work email that's asking for the password or your Gmail account?

Does this password prompt only happen when you connect to Wi-Fi? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Its happening on both my emails. Gmail and also my work mail. I have deleted both accounts one by one to check individual email, but it still happens.

Also I have deleted both accounts and setup again, and its happening on both wifi and mobile 3g network. again I checked on individual network but still the same. I hope there's a fix for this.

Thanks

Retired

Did you add your Gmail manually using IMAP or allow the servers to be automatically detected? Do you use 2 step authentication for your Gmail account?

As for your work account, do you use Exchange in your environment or have a hosting company for your domain server?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

New Contributor

Yes gmail was automatically in phone. I didn't manually use imap to add. 

As for the work email, its not through exchange, its through my hoating company and i have tried setting it up as imap and also POP at different time. The results are always the same. 

Thanks

Retired

Thanks for the clarification.

At this point it'd be recommended we review logs into your work email issue. You can call your mobile carrier and ask them to open a support ticket with BlackBerry so we can investigate.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Contributor
My Device: No Longer Using.
My Carrier: N/A

My Z10 started doing the exact same thing after I went to the US.

Having returned to Canada, it's stilli prompting for the passwords for all my accounts every few minutes. It's made the device unusable.

Gave up on BlackBerry and delisted all apps.
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Singtel

Hi there, I am having this problem as well. My gmail is working fine. It does not prompt for password. 

However, my work email which is going through exchange webmail keeps prompting for password.

If I do not check under settings, accounts and retype my password, I would not have known or not able to check my email. This is ridiculous. 

Tried the same settings back on my iPhone 5 and it works fine. 

So hard to get proper support. Event my mobile subscriber is not able to help.

Can you guys fix the OS or something. Starting to regret... A LOT! 

My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

I've been having this issue as well. I have 4 email accounts- work email, godaddy and comcast. my z10 is constantly asking for my passwords on all 4 email accounts. I've had my phone for about a month and it worked fine until last week. now its useless for email, which is what i need most. i hope this issue is resolved soon.
Contributor
My Carrier: Telcel

Samething happening with Z10 on Telcel in Mexico... BB used to be great for emails and that was the main reason I stayed loyal to them, but they ruined what were good at.