Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

Ever since returning from the States Sunday night by BB Z10's battery has been completley drained from full charge and no use in 5 hours.  The phone itself is also getting extremely hot.  Any thoughts?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Re: BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

Check you have the latest update as there has been some improvement in battery performance. Also a new battery takes time to 'settle' in with a few charge cycles before it improves.

If this is something that has just started happening then it could be an intensive app or game causing the battery drain and extra heat.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if using an SD card, remove it and see if better.

if better backup contents and format it in the Z10 and then move data bcak and see if it improves

also are you on latest OS?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks Radsystems.  I have had the phone for over a month now and it just started happening yesterday.  How would I go about determining if I have an App that is causing the drain.  be patient I'm somewhat of a technophobe.

New Contributor

To be honest with you knottyrope, I don't know if I am even using an SD card.  I've had the phone for a month and this just started happening yesterday.  How would I determine if I'm using an SD card.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If you never installed a Micro SD card then thats not the issue.

I did have mine heat up a bit before the new OS rolled out a few weeks ago. Mine has been so muc better as they added in the proper radio files.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: na

Try checking in the settings for the latest OS update. Update and then reboot. I had a similar issue, but after updating I have been going for about 12 hours and still have 70% battery left. I mention the reboot because I think that one of the android apps I had didn't close properly.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

DarrinG don't worry about being a technophobe, everyone has to start somewhere. To check you have the latest update to your phone go to "Settings" then "Software Updates" and then select the "Check for Updates" button.

Other things to keep in mind is that wifi, bluetooth and nfc can all drain power while constantly on. You can turn them on or off from the "Network Connections" settings menu.

Also, if you are using LTE network mode this will consume power. If you don't need super fast internet connection then switching to 3G will improve battery longevity. This can be done in the same menu as above, under "Mobile Network".

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: telud

Z10 heats up and battery life is only 3-4 hours under low usuage..

Its two months now and over the past 2 weeks my Z10 is heating up even when not being used and the battery lasts 3-4 hours.

I bought another battery, same issue. I'm now told to have it services...not impressed. 

I dont game, i use it for work and I'm a firm believer in BB, Getting frustrated.

K

radsystems wrote:

Check you have the latest update as there has been some improvement in battery performance. Also a new battery takes time to 'settle' in with a few charge cycles before it improves.

If this is something that has just started happening then it could be an intensive app or game causing the battery drain and extra heat.

New Contributor

Re: Z10 heats up and battery life is only 3-4 hours under low usuage..

Thanks Schmid...  So BB is telling you it needs servicing huh?  It sounds like the same issue.  I've had the phone for 2 months now and it is the same thing.  I'm getting around 5 hours with no gaming at all.