Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

Will this work if my contacts and calendar are on icloud? Will I lose my settings and have to go throght the set up of the accounts again?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Ufone - Pakistan

Not sure, but icloud is a third party which cannot control system settings, so you will probably be going through the set up again, the best practice according to me is taking a backup via blackberry link would be great to restore your settings anytime from it. No need to take a full backup, you can just TICK the Application Settings and it will be ok. Hope this is what you are looking for Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Z10,9900,9800,9000,Playbook
My Carrier: O2,Vodafone

I have the same problem and after yesterday my Z10 didn't boot and connect over USB...

Please Help me?
Regular Contributor

Blackberry link does not seem to be able to work if you are using iCloud.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi ICloud? Blackberryfan and ICloud? I didn't know that install Applestuff.

Thanks greetings

Goufer
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

When 'battery heating' problem occurred the first time in May, I went to the seller and he replaced the battery with the new one. Fixed.

A month later it occurred again. No games, no NFC, no LTE, not many calls, just a stand by.

The back lid is hot, esp. in area of NFC antenna (BB sign)

I removed the back lid and touched the battery: it had normal temperature.

The source of heat is not the battery itself!

It looks like something intensely devours energy, either badly or maliciously made application or a glitch in circuits. 

Reboot (I would also recommend taking out the battery) helps without 'backup/secure wipe/restore'.  At least for me.

Hey BB engineers, what do you say?!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Various

Agree. It's not the battery. It's the phone that heats up and drains the battery down, not a battery problem....

I've wiped it out a couple of times... no sign of improvement....

Regular Contributor

Didn't you hear they aid off tech staff so all of us suckers who ave been loyal and did not send this piece of "**bleep**" back in the first thirty days are stuck buying another phone. Beside the battery problems, my calendar stopped working after the last upgrade and I could not re-install caldav with I cloud. this is a known problem since June with no solution. i had to come up with my own work around that is **bleep**. I am about to throw in the towel on this phone.
New Contributor

I Become a new one from vodafone the first won´t boot and connect to usb after hot and Battery Drain in a few hours.

But yet I have a new one... two times I have the same problem very hot LCD and backsite but running!

Is it a software or hardware problem?

1. Battery powersource? Car-connector or stable power?

2. Humity or hot weather? Because we have very hot time over min. 28-30 long time

But software or Powersource ?

Regular Contributor

Problem seems to relate to programs that you use so when I used my GPS program the battery drained faster than the car charger could charge and the phone got very hot. It does not happen if you just se email and phone. Seems to be a design flaw that as not been addressed.