Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

I followed all the suggestions offered here but still the battery drained in around 5 hours and the phone would heat up. I noticed it would also only get worse unless I turned off Data Services (System Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network). This had an immediate effect on battery drain and heat.

I checked what apps were ruinning and stopped any that were. Then checked email accounts under the Hub. I have a number of email accounts and one which is my company's email account which is an enterprise outlook account. When I looked into this email account via the Hub settings it had a number of sync otions available besides just email and calendar. It was syncing contacts, tasks, memos and using VPN. Disabled all but email and calendar and the problems of battery drain and heat ceased immediately. Been monitoring for a few hours now without issues.

Worth checking: (Hub > Settings > Email Accounts > [select  an enterprise email account] > then edit and scroll down to see the sync options.

These options do not appear for POP or IMAP accounts although you may want to review what folders you are syncing under those email types. Other than inbox I don't sync any others - I can get these when I open my desktop mail app. Why pull data to your Z10 if not needed if all you want is to read and maybe respond to important emails from your Z10.

Hope this helps.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I'm having the same problem with my z10 and after a factory wipe not fixing the problem I've narrowed it down to Gmail. After reading this post I'll try adding it back and turning off the calendar. Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Z30

The battery drain and heat problem has gone for me now. I have had some 8+ hours of use with less than 30% battery discharge.

This with Data Services enabled so my all my email accounts are active, restarted all my apps I use (twitter, etc), my dashboard, been texting, couple of calls made and a few received...........

All good.

I think the forum suggestions are great and promote that it's worth investigating all options. For me this has worked. My data usage last month exceeded my plan limit. Checked today and it's back to normal. All that sync activity was running the Z10 into a spin!

Contributor
My Device: Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720
My Carrier: Airtel

My problem got solved too. In my case the problem was the 1200+ contacts in my bbm (somebody bc'd my pin ) and their daily messages of around 1000. So that was the thing draining up my z10 battery. Now I deleted most of them and battery us working just fine. Thanks for the help
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

varunwasan wrote:
 the problem was the 1200+ contacts in my bbm (somebody bc'd my pin ) and their daily messages of around 1000.

That would definitately be a battery AND brain drain.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1720
My Carrier: Airtel

You if u read and respond to each one.
My Device: Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: DIGITEL

New Z10 heating up after upgrade to 10.2

Waited until Blackberry.com announced the official stable 10.2 O.S. and installed it to the device directly from the Blackberry update service.

I was relieved to see everything was working fine after the update, but happiness was short lived, my new Z10 with 10.2 started heating up in an extreme manner, never experienced anything like this. Of course the battery drained up in a less than two hours.

The smartphone was working perfectly before the upgrade. I have uninstalled all email and social media services. The device heats up even with data services, bluetooth, GPS and WiFi turned off.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Ufone - Pakistan

Hello PTatBB,

I would say you must monitor your side loaded android apps. In my case my Z10 heated up because of side loaded apps as they are not native and cause addiotional use of resources some apps put the device in a loop so you device uses CPU and memory continuously without a break.

You can use the app monitor feature in settings on ur z10 with os 10.2. Just check their which is using multiple resources when your device heats up. Additionally if you can tell me in more detail which apps you have side loaded.

As I'm using Google maps and instagram only and my device works perfectly. I'm on Z10 STL100-1 with OS 10.2
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: telud

I hardly run any, its worse now. It was getting better before the upgrade. I have my email, fb, during the day. Not impressed.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10,9900,9800,9000,Playbook
My Carrier: O2,Vodafone

Re: Z10 heats up and battery life is only 3-4 hours under low usuage..

Hello 

I have the same Problem with my first Z10 and I change it by the shop.

It solve the problem I think there is some hardware issue on the board no Battery problem.

grettings Goufer