Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

All, after any of upgrade for 24-72 hours you'll always notice heat and battery drain to a higher degree as your contacts, email, social media accounts sync and as the device is settled in. If you feel it's too hot, feel free to reboot the BlackBerry or even let it run for a while with the rear cover off.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Come on guys....lets get serious! A 324000mAh battery????? Atomic too???? What are you gonna charge that battery ....with a nuclear station???? LOL....LOL....LMAO !!!!

Interestengly enough, this website http://mugen.co/blackberry/blackberry-z10.html apears to be selling the same brand of batteries minus two 0 (zero) at the end which make this info to be more ....realistic! 

My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I have the same problem, twice now. I had it before just before my last OS upgrade. When the upgrade completed a message "an error was detected and fixed" was displayed and battery drain returned to normal. I just loaded the leak and a bunch of apk's from mobile1. I have two issues. I deleted a bunch of the apk's but they keep reloading in the background. Also my battery now drains in about five hours again. i put my sim back in my old iphone 4s and my z10 will stay on the shelf until 10.2.1 officially releases. if it doesnt solve my problem I'm going over to android, the z10 is too unreliable
Highlighted

2ndcrack wrote:
 I just loaded the leak and a bunch of apk's from mobile1.

I've personally had no issues with 10.2.1

All is working seamless.

Try deleting your 1Mobile app as well. And remember, you're on a unreleased OS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: student

if your having a problem why your phone is draining very fast is because the DATA SERVICES is turned on, thats the  reason why your BB10 draining fast. try go to SETTINGS>NETWORK CONNECTION>MOBILE NETWORK. you can see the DATA SERVICES... if you turn it off, you can't search on browser or open fb or play online games... if you turn it off you should connect to a Wifi so that you can surf in the internet... and if your going to turn it on your going to be able to search or open a online apps even if your wifi is turn off because the data services is using your phone credits, and its going to use a battery x2 or x3 than a normal use, so if you want your phone to survive for 8 - 12 hrs you should turn the DATA SERVICES off. and the brightness low... 

i tried on my BB10 NO DATA SERVICES and a HALF BRIGHTNESS my phone survive for 14 hours. its not a joke...

SETTINGS>NETWORK CONNECTION>MOBILE NETWORK. you can see the DATA SERVICES and turn it off

i hope it i'll be able to help you Smiley Happy

sorry for my grammar, im not so go in english. and im from philippines and im still 14 years old... sorry guys Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

nickandoy wrote:

if your having a problem why your phone is draining very fast is because the DATA SERVICES is turned on, thats the  reason why your BB10 draining fast. try go to SETTINGS>NETWORK CONNECTION>MOBILE NETWORK. you can see the DATA SERVICES... if you turn it off, you can't search on browser or open fb or play online games... if you turn it off you should connect to a Wifi so that you can surf in the internet... and if your going to turn it on your going to be able to search or open a online apps even if your wifi is turn off because the data services is using your phone credits, and its going to use a battery x2 or x3 than a normal use, so if you want your phone to survive for 8 - 12 hrs you should turn the DATA SERVICES off. and the brightness low... 

i tried on my BB10 NO DATA SERVICES and a HALF BRIGHTNESS my phone survive for 14 hours. its not a joke...

SETTINGS>NETWORK CONNECTION>MOBILE NETWORK. you can see the DATA SERVICES and turn it off

i hope it i'll be able to help you Smiley Happy

sorry for my grammar, im not so go in english. and im from philippines and im still 14 years old... sorry guys Smiley Happy

It is not the data that`s drainning the battery....its all the apps running in the background and using the data. Generally, you can set the permission for the app what you allow it to have access to so go see your "Settings" > "Security and Privacy" > "Aplication Permission".

If the apps settings are greyed out (which means you can not change its settings) then you either put up with it, or delete the app.  

What's the point of a BlackBerry or any smartphone without data?

Turning off data will lessen the battery drain on the device, but it becomes useless as a smartphone.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom PH

can i ask if it deletes the apps? Smiley Very Happy thanks

StephSierra wrote:
can i ask if it deletes the apps? Smiley Very Happy thanks

Steph, if what deletes thet apps?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom PH

if the security wipe deletes the apps. Smiley Embarassed or is it better to factory reset the phone? and is it bad to have 1360 battery cycles? btw i'm uing the battery app.