Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 heats up and battery life is only 3-4 hours under low usuage..

Same problem here, only noticed the problem when the intense heat from my trouser pocket made investigate what was so hot. According to Vodafone, this is not a known problem. Ha

This is now my 4th Z10, all with different issues, very dissapointing, was really looking forward to the new Z10.

Contributor
My Carrier: Ufone - Pakistan

Re: BB Z10 Heating Up and Drain Battery in 5 hours

Hello Akana,

here are steps for newbie:

1. Download Blackberry Link Software from http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html.

2. Start Blackberry Link Software and connect your Z10 device via a USB Cable.

3. Go to settings by clicking the Top Right Corner Settings Icon, then select Blackberr Z10 from Device List at the bottom of Blackberry Link Software. and then click on Backup give it a title of your choice and click ok.

4. After backup is complete disconnect your Z10 from PC and go to Setting on your Z10 scroll to the Security and Privacy menu and tap on it then tap on Security Wipe, it will ask you to type BLACKBERRY in a text area type it and tap on Delete Data, once it's done, your device will boot itself as a newly purchased Z10.

5. you can now restore the back up you taken first. by starting Blackberry Link Software and connect your Z10 via USB cable again, go to settings select z10 from device list and then click on restore and then select the last taken backup from list and click restore, that's it.

6.Enjoy your Z10 with no heat issue anymore Smiley Happy.

Contributor

Re: Z10 heats up and battery life is only 3-4 hours under low usuage..

Hello Jezfry,

Try these steps, Hope they it will help:

1. Download Blackberry Link Software from http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html.

2. Start Blackberry Link Software and connect your Z10 device via a USB Cable.

3. Go to settings by clicking the Top Right Corner Settings Icon, then select Blackberr Z10 from Device List at the bottom of Blackberry Link Software. and then click on Backup give it a title of your choice and click ok.

4. After backup is complete disconnect your Z10 from PC and go to Setting on your Z10 scroll to the Security and Privacy menu and tap on it then tap on Security Wipe, it will ask you to type BLACKBERRY in a text area type it and tap on Delete Data, once it's done, your device will boot itself as a newly purchased Z10.

5. you can now restore the back up you taken first. by starting Blackberry Link Software and connect your Z10 via USB cable again, go to settings select z10 from device list and then click on restore and then select the last taken backup from list and click restore, that's it.

6.Enjoy your Z10 with no heat issue anymore Smiley Happy.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Glad I held out for the Q10. The battery life on this phone is stellar. On day one I experienced 15 hours of battery life. Once this battery calibrates itself fully it will get even better. And I have LTE turned on when I'm not in the office or at home using Wi-Fi!
Excellent phone, best for business. I hope 10.1 will fix the Z10 which definitely sucks in the battery department.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry, but I do not understand exactly what you are doing. Can you please explain the first step - that is where is Blackberry Link? Also, I find that if I use a GPS program the battery drains faster than it can be recharged by the car charger.

Contributor

Hi. Please use.this link to download BlackBerry Link. http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html. If u r still unable to see the link. Please google it type BlackBerry Link on the search box and click search.
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

hello bro, i am still have the problem of my battery after 5 security wipes and the battery is still draining super fast

. what should i do

New Contributor

and still keeps over heating really bad , i love my Z10 but hate the battery screwing around Man Frustrated, should i take it back to blackberry for another one?

Contributor

Hello,

I forgot to mention once you will follow all the steps I posted previously, your Z10 will reboot and it will drain battery quickly for atleast 5 hours, because it's processor continuously reads the data and keeps it caching, once all is done, your Z10 will act normally.

If this is not a issue, please describe your problem more, do you play hd games on your z10 or you connect it throught HDMI or you leave your Wifi, NFC connections open?

New Contributor

i will see after 5 hours how long my blackberry takes to get normal again and i play hd games for about 1 hour a day and wifi and NFC always turned off but i have my netwrok selected on 4G and 3G could that also cause a problem. i use bbm alot and wondering would that also drain it really fast, thanks for the fast reply, will let you know if the problem still persists