Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

BB Z10 Operating system

Just called T-Mobile (or EE as per new moniker)

Call went to a call-centre in South Africa and was told BlackBerry Z10 is running on Android OS. I was pretty sure RIM were still using their own OS and said so but call-centre agent insisted it is Android (and gave me lots of spiel on how she was a BB user and that Android is the best OS etc.)

Would somebody confirm it is NOT Android and if anybody has any experience of upgrading to 4G with T-Mobile/EE, perhaps they'd be kind enough to leave a few pointers.

Torch 9800 6.0 Bundle 3155 (v6.0.0.747, Platform 6.6.0.249)
Curve 9360 7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 9.6.0.111)
Playbook 32GB 2.1 Bundle 1526 (Platform 2.1.0.1526)
Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Z10 Operating system

Yeah its not android. Its blackberrys home grown bb10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Z10 Operating system

Fresh_Squid wrote:

Yeah its not android. Its blackberrys home grown bb10

Also, BB10 OS can run Android in a sandboxed environment for the sideloading of (some) Android apps and Android apps that are ported into BB World.

That said, whoever you were talking to was not trained by BlackBerry to provide you with carrier support. Just about every carrrier (at least in North America) has a support group specially trained by BlackBerry to provide front line device and software support. This is an important example as to why you need to listen to the carriers automated prompts and chose the BlackBerry support option whenever it is given.

If you know somebody is giving you hair-brained advice and you know they are, don't be afraid to ask for their supervisor to clear things up. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy