Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: T Mobile

BB Z10 Processor Overheats and Drains Battery

This overheating issue occurs when I SMS photos on occasion and sometimes when using the browser. I have eliminated apps like News 360 and other movie downloading apps which I feel used too much processing power or stayed in a loop. The only thing I have found that works is to remove the battery for a minute or so and when reinserted the problem usually disappears. Maybe if I could reboot without removing the battery the problem would not be so vexing.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 4168787137

Re: BB Z10 Processor Overheats and Drains Battery

I have the same issue, and it's getting quite annoying. 

I sent a few picture messages about 2 hours ago, and since then, the phone overheats and drained about 50% battery life. 

Last night, same thing occured, battery was overheating just from my phone being in my pocket, without any apps to my knowledge being active. 

It happens more often than previously with the latest 10.1 patch. 

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: etisalat

i have exactly the same issue with my z10. i keep charging mine but the charge wont hold for more than 30 minutes. Totally fed up as i paid full price for the handset.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

To reboot your phone without removing the battery, hold down the UP and DOWN voulme buttons at the same time for about 20 sec or until you see the BlackBerry on the screen 

However, you may have a different problem if your phone starts to heat up just from sending pic messages or using the browser. You may wanna try a new battery that you are sure its brand new.... if the heating up is still happening, you may wanna consider reloading the OS.  

Aquiles6 wrote:
This overheating issue occurs when I SMS photos on occasion and sometimes when using the browser. I have eliminated apps like News 360 and other movie downloading apps which I feel used too much processing power or stayed in a loop. The only thing I have found that works is to remove the battery for a minute or so and when reinserted the problem usually disappears. Maybe if I could reboot without removing the battery the problem would not be so vexing.