Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blazckberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BB Z10 TURNS OFF BY IT'S SELF, ODD!!!!

I have had the Z10 for almost 2 weeks and it has cut off 5 times and is hard to cut back on. I am running OS ver.10.0.9.422

Also it will come out of the Bedtime mode (Sleep) by it's self. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. 

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB Z10 TURNS OFF BY IT'S SELF, ODD!!!!

Hey Digiman63,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Did you install any new applications on the BlackBerry Z10 lately?  When the BlackBerry Z10 turns off, do you notice the battery level is low?  Also how often does it shut off?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blazckberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

It's be doing this since purchased. I just didn't realize it until I started using it more. It doesn't matter what level the battery is. It will just reboot about 2-3 times a day. My friend has a Z10 with AT&T and had the same problem until Friday. He down loaded a software update and stages it hasn't done it since. I hope Verizon comes out with one through BlackBerry that will revolve this issue. I need a reliable phone and I sure hope the Z10 is the ticket.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Movistar

My new BB Z10 turns off several times a day, no matter the battery level. I sent it for techncial service to Movistar and they sent it to Blackberry and I got te phone back saying they adjusted the baterry and updated the software however it continues turning off several times a day.

I use my BB for work and I am having big problems as I dont know if it is off!!!

There must be a solution from Blackberry, its an expensive phone

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

There are several reports of phones suddenly turning off due to a loose battery. The test for this is to "shim" the bottom end of the battery (opposite the contacts) with a small piece of paper or a piece trimmed from a business card.