Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Wind
Accepted Solution

BB Z10 - contacts stopped syncing with Office 365 - e-mails and calendar are still syncing fine

I have had my BB Z10 for over a month and e-mails, calendar and contacts were syncing great from my Office 365 account. E-mail and calendar still sync but I have lost all connectivity to the contacts. Nothing shows up from Office 365 (my other contacts show up ok from LinkedIn etc.).

Help as this is a critical function on my phone. I can't call or e-mail anyone if I don't have their contact information.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Z10 - contacts stopped syncing with Office 365 - e-mails and calendar are still syncing fine

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books (pre-BB10 devices only)

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: BB Z10 - contacts stopped syncing with Office 365 - e-mails and calendar are still syncing fine

Thank you for your suggestion. I am on the road in an area with very limited cel coverage so I am using WiFi where I am staying. I'll be back home on the weekend where I can try what you suggested. If that does not work, any other ideas?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Yes, as I said in closing up there:

• "Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support."

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks, will do.

New Contributor

Ok, I have now tried everything except call the mobile service provider. No access to the contacts. I contacted Microsoft and they suggested I come to this forum. I feel a bit stuck as I don't think this has anything to do with my service provide. My spouse has an iPhone and I have a Samsung tablet (android) and contacts are syncing fine with both of these devices, just as they were with the BB Z10 until a few days ago. I don't think the issue is with Micorosoft or my mobile service provider. Does Blackberry formally review and address issues through this forum? My BB Z10 is pretty well worthless without the contact syncornization.

Hall of Famer III

This may indeed have nothing to do with your service provider. But, refer to the information at the top of every page on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Contrary to what you may have been told by others (e.g., someone at MicroSoft) or may otherwise believe to be true, this site is not a channel for any formal communications with BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. While they indeed to attempt to review things here, this is not a channel for any formal support from BlackBerry. Formal support from BlackBerry, if required, is obtained via the formal support channel to which all parties are bound, including the end user. Formal support begins with the carrier, authorized service center, or original place of purchase -- it can vary by region and issue, but each purchaser receives information as to what the process is for them. All of those entities have the access to the formal escalation channel, through which they can escalate cases up to BlackBerry that require their attention...but end users have no free path to directly seek anything from BlackBerry at all (well, not for free).

So, while your provider may not be the root of the issue, they remain your contractually required path by which to receive support, and escalation to BlackBerry if that is required. There are plenty of other threads that have debated this support model...all moot IMHO as there's nothing anyone here can do, in this user to user community, to override what the contracts are to which all parties are bound.

Good luck!

New Contributor

The contact syncing issue was resolved by installing 10.1 from scratch. Now syncs from phone to Office 365 contacts and vice versa. Still a mystery as to how it stopped working for a while.