Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB10 Won't Sync via USB with iCal and Contact in Mac OS 10.8

I was able to transfer all of my data from my Torch to my new Z10 using Blackberry Link, but not it will not let me sync my contacts and iCal via USB cable.  They "sync to device" tab is greyed out on the menu bar.

In addtion, in spite of the fact that I've done several back-ups of my phone in Blackberry Link, when I plug my phone into my Mac, it indicates that it has never been backed up.

Suggestions?

Contributor

Re: BB10 Won't Sync via USB with iCal and Contact in Mac OS 10.8

I have the same issue and from what I've been able to find online, it appears that Blackberry Link does not allow you to sync contacts, calendar and reminders.  Check out this link.  https://www.blackberry.com/lms/item/0aa163b0-72e4-7055-f632-baf90ad15bca

If this is actually the case this is a major blunder.  Everything else about the phone I absolutely LOVE!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Can you sync via icloud?

Regular Contributor

I was able to set up an icloud email account and then my contacts appeared on the Z10. I am still having a problem with my calendar where it is saying that the icloud CALDAV server is not available and to try again, but I was able to see my calendar in icloud so I am not sure what the issue is.

Contributor

Not an option to sync using any format as it relates to calendar, contacts, and reminders.  At least not that I've found

Regular Contributor

You can sync with icloud.

Contributor

DM from @BlackberryHelp - "PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this year. Thanks. ^VG"

NOT GOOD!  

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

If that is Blackberry's response "later this year", then the big plus of using a Blackberry as a small business user needing to sync via USB has been lost, I do not want work arounds,  I need it today not at a time to be determined. 

Looks like Apple and Samsung  will be enjoying their increased sales as disheartened faithful Blackberry users reluctantly jump ship.

Contributor

That was Blackberry's response and I'm with you - I need it today not later this year!  That's the only glitch with the phone.  Other than that I LOVE it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Apparently it's a known issue with Gmail already.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB33458&sliceId=2&cm...