Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

BB10 / Z10 and corporate outlook email integration without BES?

Hi,

I have tried searching the forums but I can’t seem to find the answer I was hoping for. Currently it still looks like you cannot sync your work email address without BES.

Can someone please confirm for me because I can setup my work outlook email with my iPhone without an issue. It is in fact the primary reason for me leaving BB and if this is resolved I can throw Blackberry back into the mix when deciding on my new phone.

Thanks,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB10 / Z10 and corporate outlook email integration without BES?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, it depends on what they are facing to the Internet. If they are facing POP or IMAP, you certainly can integrate those. If they are facing OWA, then you may or may not be able to...see this KB for clarification:

• KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address on BlackBerry smartphone

The very last part would be the most useful, I'd think.

But, in general, if other devices can interface to it, then the Z10 also should be able to. However, lacking any further details, it's pretty much a guessing game for us...so if the above does not prove useful, then please provide additional details.

Most importantly, you may need to skip the auto-config wizard and instead use the Advanced Integration screens, using the same configuration items (e.g., port, server name, etc.) as your other successfully integrated devices use. This may actually be the root cause of your issue (another guess here)...if, for instance, you use the wizard yet your server does not respond back to the Z10 with usable configuration instructions, then it would of course fail to integrate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Your response is not true.  This is a massive oversight on the part of Blackberry.  Along with many many others, I bought the Z10 with the trust that Blackberry would stay true to the allegiance of their corporate following.  Along with many many others I am sure, I declined to buy an iPhone because it did not have the benefits of Blackberry contacts and calendar synching from my PC.  We don't use BES, we don't need it.  Until Blackberry fixes this problem it appears we bought a Blackberry iPhone, but worse because the Apps are not as good.  

To say that Z10 does what the others do is not true either.  There is a company called CompanioinLink that has resolved the synching problem, but Blackberry has declined to allow their App into their Blackberry World.  There is a back end work around, but my attempt to execute it failed.  I can only spend one full day playing with a device and my day is up.  It's gone back in the box until further notice from Blackberry.

Great look, nice feel, like the removable battery and USB connections.  When you Blackberry gets the PC sync working let me know. I can't wait to use it.   If there is an update I am unaware of that now allows PC sync to Outlook post it.  Send out a press release.  In the mean time, Blackbery should announce publicly their time line to get this resolved. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So, you are calling me a liar???

OutlookSync wrote:

Your response is not true.

To say that Z10 does what the others do is not true either.

That's a pretty heavy accusation to lay on me, especially since my post was full of "should" types of words...I can guarantee nothing, but I do know what should work. Whether it does or not in any specific situation is a matter of that specific situation. But to call me a liar over it...wow...incredible.

OutlookSync wrote:

When you Blackberry gets the PC sync working let me know. I can't wait to use it.   If there is an update I am unaware of that now allows PC sync to Outlook post it.  Send out a press release.  In the mean time, Blackbery should announce publicly their time line to get this resolved. 

Since I don't work for BlackBerry and coupled with your accusations against me here, I am not really inclined to assist you at all. But, suffice to say that BlackBerry has stated publicly everything on the topic...I leave it to you to find it for yourself.

Good luck.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64

Not sure about the arguments going on in here, but let me help.

1.) Blackberry can absolutely sync with all types of e-mail accounts... we have BES at work (I manage it), and Exchange. I moved from BES 9900 to z10 ActiveSync without issue and sync OTA (Over the Air) email / Calendar / Contacts etc...

2.) You feel that you cannot sync your work e-mail?  what is your work e-mail? Are you on exchange?, does it support activesync, is it IMAP / POP etc...

New Contributor

No BES.  I use a standard email provider.   I, like many many others, just want to sync my calendar, notes, memos and contacts from PC Outlook email program to Blackberry device.  No middle man.  Why is this so shocking?  The internet is lit up with people like me who are frustrated.  I am voicing my concerns so blackberry hears them.  To be honest, the fragil ego of fellow bloggers is not my concern so they should save their breath.  But to clarlify, lying means you know you are being misleading. 

Look, here is the deal.  We the users that are annoyed don't want Microsoft or Gmail to be part of our lives.  We don't want our business in the cloud.  You know its great that BLackberry offers the option to those that do.  I might actually be OK if Blackberry set up an inhouse active sync option that I knew was part of their in house secure network.  In fact, that seems like a massive advantage they should be considering, especially if it was preloaded and easy to set up with Outlook.  It would be import to allow me to use my own outgong email address without msg by msg adjustments. 

I am checking with my own provider to see if they offer an Active Sync option using our corporate email to keep our data separate.  That may ultimately be the route we go if this is the direction of things, if that is even possible.   But really the point here is Blackberry (not bloggers) really need to get this system back on track.  I read  the rumours of changes coming.  Nuff talk, let's get 2 way sync working, send out the updates, instructions to set it up, and let's all get back to work (unless your job is to blog) We have wasted a ton of time with this.

Hall of Famer III

Now this is just silly. BlackBerry has publicly stated that they are working on returning the direct USB/BT sync method to the BB10 platform. Everything I have said is true. BTW...most of what you say is also true (other than calling me a liar)...and there are plenty of threads about the topic available for discussion.

But all of this is trumped by what BlackBerry has officially stated...and they've stated it plenty of times for all to read. It is not rumor...they have stated officially that it's coming back. Why you refuse to believe them is your issue alone.

New Contributor

You called yourself a liar.  I would say that suggesting it syncs without stating all the draw backs is just misleading.

I spend most of spare time reading world news, not Blackberry news.  In fact, that is one reason I always bought Blackbery.  It's easy to set up.  I have not come across a Blackberry press release like the one you suggest with real assurances.  I would be very thankful if you could post a link to such a news release assuring users the historic sync features are returning soon.  My Z10 is in its box until then, but am really looking forward to using it.

Hall of Famer III

Fine...you can win...I don't care. But do realize that the OP of this topic asked specifically about email...anything else is beyond the scope of the original question...there are plenty of other threads that debate those other issues, but my responses to the OP were truthful and on point to their specific question. It is you who drew this thread so far afield from the original question...

As for formal information from BlackBerry, see this:

And before you again call me out, I never promised a "press release". There are other posts from other formal BlackBerry folks within other threads, but that one should be sufficient I would hope.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64

"I use a standard email provider" ???

what is that exactly.... am I to assume that is pop3 or imap?, thats pretty vague... a standard provider for me is exchange. But lets agree to disagree here, and why don't you just tell me what type of e-mail you have?

"I, like many many others, just want to sync my calendar, notes, memos and contacts from PC Outlook email program to Blackberry device.  No middle man."

Of course you want to sync your calendar, notes, memos etc...  but we still don't know what type of email system your on.

No MIddle man?.. what is that exactly.... are you trying to say no cables... no blackberry desktop software?... I'm not trying to be antagonizing, but you seem very upset, and not very clear with what your upset about.

"We the users that are annoyed don't want Microsoft or Gmail to be part of our lives.  We don't want our business in the cloud."

Not sure what your getting at here, so... no MS products.... your using linux? or no MS e-mail... and you don't want your e-mail to be in the cloud? I don't get that... you will only run your own e-mail servers (not hosted, I can only assume thats what you meant), and if this is the case, whats the problem.

"let's get 2 way sync working"

in what way?.. if your talking calendar, contacts, email, it's working fine.

Again, I only posted to help, if your interested in such, which seems the point of these forums, I'm glad to help, but you'll have to be a little more clear.