Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Blackberry
Accepted Solution

BB10 storage issue

[ Edited ]

The usage of the memory is getting increased in my device however I don’t have much apps and no games, and on daily basis now since one week its getting increase by 1G on daily basis and now the memory is almost full 14.8G, and when I go into the details of the used storage space it says that 0 vid, 21.7MBpics,3.1MB Docs and 14.8Other data , and what is the other data, how can i free the space.

please help

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB10 storage issue

Hey firasbb10,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The Other data has installation files for applications and has cache and cookies from your browser.

If you installed any new applications lately, I would suggest removing them and then monitor the free memory.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: roger

Should purge unreference data/files since last 10 days or so.

The policy of what to delete should be based on how much free memory left, and how old they are. 

Further more, the policy parameter could be altered from a default one.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

I had this same issue for months and i finally figured out where my other data was coming from. In my case it was PODCAST. I discovered this after reformatting my SD card to clear up space. I copied all of my music, video and pic files to my external drive then reformatted my SD card. As an experiement i didnt put back my media files but started listening to a few podcast for a few days, long behold when i loooked in Media Card Details (in Storage and Access) my music, video docs, and pictures remained at zero while other data had grown to 400 mb in two days. Even after deleting the podcast thru the app the other data still remained. the only way to remove it is to refomat the SD card again. Iguess that streaming apps such as Apollo and Songza store files as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

In my BB Z10 I have about 13 GB of usable storage. Out of the 13 GB i only have 255 MB left for other apps and things. most of the storage is being taken up by the system. Is this still the cookies? I go through the Memory storage and There is over 11.6 GB being used by the system. i have found that factory reseting the phone clears it up but it is all back by the end of the month. The last time I reset my phone was the 1st of July and now it is full again.