Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

BBM IF 500MB ON ETISALAT B79 PACKAGE IS OVER AND NO WIFI

If 500MB from the B79 etisalat package is over, how can I use BBM even without WIFI? How can I know if I have BIS activated? How can I deactivate it? If BIS is deactivated can I already use BBM unlimited just like when I was using my BB9780?Can you send me the way on how to do it step by step?

I apologize if my questions seem so dumb. I am not a techi type of person. I was very happy with my BBM service on my BB9780 before. My husband just gave me a new Z10 but I cannot send/receive BBM msg if my data package is over and if I dont have WIFI. Please help me enjoy having Z10.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM IF 500MB ON ETISALAT B79 PACKAGE IS OVER AND NO WIFI

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off, BB10 does not use BIS, so nothing about that applies in any way. Rather, BB10 uses the "generic" data plan from your carrier, and all data is subject to whatever limits there are.

As you have discovered, you can continue to use data services via WiFi when your data plan is over its limits, and that is quite normal as well. But, you will be limited on your data plan to whatever limits it has, and that will apply to all services.

To obtain an authoritative answer to your question, you need to ask your carrier as they control 100% of your service and billing.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................