Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: mtn

Re: BBM Issues

The same problem I'm having.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It's a result of the BBM server problem on Thursday of last week. It willi clear up.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30 STA 100-2
My Carrier: Cell C/Vodacom

Just curious as to what you said, even if it's one contact you having a problem it will still possibly be due to the said server trouble?

The following happens with the one contact i need contact with the most when i try to communicate: That person can bbm me, send me files etc and it gets delivered and sent to me. But if i send that person anything it remains as a tick. After i've sent many messages some may show delivered and at times i was open on that contact and had the BlackBerry phone i was communicating with by me. I opened my contact on that phone after it showed delivered and i saw no message, even though on my BB Z10 phone it changed to R (even with no message)!

Here's the many things i tried:

1.Tried a reboot of both phones, upgraded BBm on the OS7 phone (for other person i need to communicate with). Didn't work.

2. I than tried to pass my BlackBerry ID to a older OS 5 phone, and the contact works properly as before. So i don't think it's that my BB ID is somehow corrupt, or that the server is troubling?

3. I swapped the BBID few times between the OS 5 and OS 10 and it won't work on the Z10 but will work on the Pearl (OS 5). 

4. I security wiped the BB Z10 and didn't restore anything, log in with my BBID and it still didn't work.

5. Security wiped the other phone and reinstalled BBM and restored the BBm via BBID with my contact deleted. Re invited and still same problem.

6. Tried deleting both contacts and re inviting at the same time, tried all possible different forms of inviting and sometimes my profile name will appear as my Pin instead of my name but my picture will be there and sometimes the other person will only appear with the pin as the name but the picture and status will be correct.

7.I tried creating a group for the two of us but it gets stuck on joining. 

8. I will create a multi person chat from the other phone and include a third person. That person will see both of our chats and i will see both of their chats but the person i communicate with wont see mine!! 

9. While typing this i taught of another way to try to force my BB 10 to see the other contact properly. I used a third phone which got both of the involved contacts. If i message only the 3rd person will see it. If the other two send in the group chat my BlackBerry z10 will see both.

I can communicate with other OS 6 and OS 7 phones for sure with no trouble. So can the other person.

Another strange thing is that i can cause both contacts to behave the same way where there is only a tick, if i invite via NFC. 

So i clearly see something wrong with My bbz10 phone.

Is there a contact number for a BlackBerry consultant i can speak with directly in South Africa?

Or do you still think it's a server error?

New Contributor

Sorry just to add, Software version is 10.0.10.99 and it's a STL 100-1. Also it's unlocked, though we do have specific network phones (for example when the phone is being turned off it will show the network name). 

Also another thing i tried is using the same carrier sim as the other person but it didn't help. 

You can contact BlackBerry by calling your SA mobile provider and ask them to escalate the issue to BlackBerry technical support.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: vodafone

My issues with BBM started yesterday I think but I can't access my BBM through the Hub or through the BBM app itself, this is a joke as i speak to a lot of people through BBM and now I'm unable to until they fix the problem. Does anybody know when they are supposed to be fixing BBM?

The server issues are fixed.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks working now

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Im having the exact same problem. 

I recently could'nt chat with two of my most important contacts (Started on Friday 03/05/13) . The messages makes a single grey tick, then eventually says "D" but they never recieve it. Their messages come thru to me and shows up as "R" on their phone. I deleted both of them, re-invited, did a hard reset, did a security wipe, checked block list ect and still nothing. Basically did everything I possibly could. They both have blackberry 7 devices and are with Vodacom while Im with MTN (South Africa). They can chat to all their other contacts and I can chat to all mine. Hope this gets resolved soon. Blackberry issues making it hard to love my Z10 and not want a Android device again.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Lucky. Im security wiping my phone again because its still broken Smiley Sad