Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

BBM Stuck

Hey guys, 

hope you guys can help with this. I just got my new BBz10 and I'm looking to set up my BBM. When I gave my email address, it decided to attempt to "Restore BBM Information" however I never backed this up and I intend on adding my contacts manually.

Unfortunately it's not stuck, trying to restore my BBM information which is non-existant. I've tried reinstalling BBM (which didn't really work given I couldn't find a way to uninstall it first), and also removing the batter and rebooting, but whenever I boot BBM messanger it still attempts to try and recover this information. I'm looking for a way to delete the information it has so I can start afresh. 

Does anyone know how I can do this? Like clearing it's cache somehow?

Many thanks in advance...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BBM Stuck

Hello Ax8472,

Thank you for your question regarding BBM contacts and configuration on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

The following article will provide you with more information on the process of migrating a BlackBerry Messenger profile to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone:

Options for migrating a BlackBerry Messenger profile to a BlackBerry 10 smartphonehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33259

If there were contacts previously associated to this BlackBerry ID on another device it will attempt restore these contacts upon first login. Once this process has completed, you should be able to edit your contacts accordingly.

Have you been able to verify that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network or data services through your mobile service provider by going to Settings - Network Connections?

Any other information you can provide would also be helpful.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!