Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BBM Temporary Server Error

I am experiencing a strange issue.

Everything was working fine until this morning, and then I received a BBM message, went to view it (I can see it in BBHub), but the BlackBerry Messenger app takes me to BBM Setup.

After clicking on setup, it just shows "Temporary Server Error"

I have tried reinstalling BBM, no success, Tried rebooting/Battery Pull.. No success.

Any suggestions???

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: BBM Temporary Server Error

got same issue today.

Hope they solve it fast

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Spent two hours on support with BlackBerry, with multiple technicians.  No acknowledgement by any of them of a widespread problem, but in reading the threads on this site, it's evident there is an issue...  I was told someone would call back with a solution for what they purported was a unique problem with my z10 as well as my wife's; both phones failed...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It is a server error and will have to be resolved on BlackBerry's end. There is likely nothing wrong with your handset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

For my phone, I was able to select "Continue" and set up BBM as a new user, which unfortunately eradicated all of my contacts, chats and profile...  But at least it was restored, albeit with me having to manually install my contacts.  But with my wife's z10, it's been impossible.  Temporary Server Error constantly pops up, or BBM refuses to recognize her profile otherwise... 

Contributor

Incidentally, jut had a call back from BlackBerry support, reporting server problem fixed.  So while on phone with support, tried t run BBM on wife's phone.  Same problem... 

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Did they acknowledge this server error problem?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

They did acknowledge it.  In fact, they initially acknowledged this about five hours ago, saying it would be rectified shortly.  The technician said he would call back when it was rectified.  He called bact at 12:17 EST indicating same.  So, I tried to configure my wife's z10 and same error messages were generated.  Temporary Server Error when trying to configure from Device, or when trying to set up new BBM through "Continue", or finally, email recognition error when trying to configure by email.  He placed me on hold, came back a while later and said problem continues...  Really, no meaningful answers from them.  My sense is they have no handle on what the problem is. 

He assured further contact by at least email if not phone.  If anything comes my way worthy of relaying, I will do so, in case it's helpful to others.

Contributor

Seems to be a known issue. Not sure if this link has been posted on this site, but found the link on the site John Clark recommended:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=F34D8BDC3C9491EB8AF88BF4F380A5C4?...
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

I experienced the same issue.  Very annoying, as BBM is one of the main reasons why I stick with BlackBerry.  Thank goodness my emails are working fine.