Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BBM Temporary Server Error

Telling me my email isn't valid, followed by a server error. Something tells me it's still server side.
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

I think that until you see this KB updated with the resolution it is safe to say that you may experience the issue. Blackberry obviously knows that it is an issue, and I would assume that they are working as hard as they can to sort out this issue on their flagship device. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

The KB in question claims last modified on Feb 11.  They have known about this problem for over a week.  I have a daugher who got her Z10 two days ago, and as of last night has the "temporary server error".  No work around seems to help.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

First, this is the KB:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33652

However, that KB is from 11 days ago.  This problem has really taken off since yesterday.  Waiting for that KB to be updated is futile as those are not updated in real time.  I could explain the process to you but it really isn't important.  Suffice to say it won't be updated in real time.

That said, It is CRITICAL that EVERYONE with this issue contact their carriers and insist on being escalated to BlackBerry.  This is how they allocate resources to a problem.  It has to do with how many people are experiencing a problem.  We can suggest some remedies that help in individual occurrences but when there is a major outage like this then those remedies will be futile.

Again, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR CARRIERS AND INSIST ON BEING ESCALATED TO BLACKBERRY. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I would like to add my experience with this issue. I imported my contacts using bb link. Everything worked well for a day or so. Currently  I can only receive BBM messages and can see them through he hub. However if I try to reply it brings me to get started / restore functions to set up BBM which of course does not work. In so far as there is a Blackberry official position on this it can be found through Google search KB33652 or the following link to the BB knowledge base:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=22FD7E9CC0E40F6FF90127C9302D1CF1?...

Note: for those people who are hoping and wishing for a quick resolution, I noticed that the document states it was last modified on Feb. 11th.  If this means that BB has known about this at least since that time (without resolution) we should not perhaps be so hopeful for a quick fix. Come on BB! Let's make this the very top priority! BB is your bread and butter and this problem has the potential to alienate your most loyal clients!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

josephono wrote:

I would like to add my experience with this issue. I imported my contacts using bb link. Everything worked well for a day or so. Currently  I can only receive BBM messages and can see them through he hub. However if I try to reply it brings me to get started / restore functions to set up BBM which of course does not work. In so far as there is a Blackberry official position on this it can be found through Google search KB33652 or the following link to the BB knowledge base:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=22FD7E9CC0E40F6FF90127C9302D1CF1?...

Note: for those people who are hoping and wishing for a quick resolution, I noticed that the document states it was last modified on Feb. 11th.  If this means that BB has known about this at least since that time (without resolution) we should not perhaps be so hopeful for a quick fix. Come on BB! Let's make this the very top priority! BB is your bread and butter and this problem has the potential to alienate your most loyal clients!

LIke I posted above the issue became widespread yesterday.  Something happened.  The advice to watch for an update to that KB is not good advice.  You need to contact your carrier and get escalated to BlackBerry.  If you haven't done that please don't complain here. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I know two users who were able to do a battery pull reboot and re-enter their setup information on BBM. They lost all contacts and groups. I hope that is not the result for all, but very definitely there are users who are beginning to recover from this.

The advice to call your mobile provider and get the call escalated is the perfect thing to do.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II

I'm being told this issue has been resolved. If you're still having an issue you need to contact your carrier and get escalated to BlackBerry.

New Contributor

Just tried another battery pull and still no go. The only change is that he "Temporary Server Error" message appears much more rapidly now. Previously the BB would hunt for a while before returning the error. Am I the only one that still has an issue with this??
New Contributor

No, it's still not working. I've escalated it to BlackBerry but no resolution yet.