Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

BBM Video Chat Offline

Yesterday I could chat with my BBM contacts with video chat and now today the option is gone! The video camera icon is gone from any of my BBM contacts that I can chat with. And anyone trying to video chat with me it shows that I am offline! Anyone have a fix for this?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BBM Video Chat Offline

Hey moerossy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

If you connect to a Wi-Fi network, does the Video Chat icon re-appear?  Also did your signal change when you tried to do the video chat?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

Same problem here. And still no video chat option. Updates all done. WiFi connection. Help
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2 Germany

I have the same Problem since the first time I turned on my Z10. On my 9900 it worked fine, but the Z10 doesn't want to do video/voice calls. If someone wants to call me they get the message that I'm not avaliable and the voice/video call icon in my BBM doesn't appear.

Already tried to restore my Z10 sevarel times, but bbm calls still not working Smiley Sad

Is there any way to reinstall the bbm or to download the whole os and install it through the link software?

Maybe there was something gone wrong with the .90 update on my device. The first time it showed me an 116MB update for .90 OS but after finished downloading the update, it starts again but this time with an 716 MB .90 Update ??!!

PS: The voice/video call problem is always there. WIth/without sim and also with/without wifi...my mobile plan supports voip...

Retired

Hey Mischek,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Those updates are correct for your BlackBerry Z10.  

If you're connected via a Wi-Fi connection I would make sure your wireless router has these settings whitelisted: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26816

Also have you tried to make a BBM Video/Voice chat to several different contacts?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor

Hey ViciousFerret,

thank for reply. Yes settings are correct, just found this KB yesterday and checkt my router, aditionally i tried other security settings  (wpa/web etc) bt with no effekt to the problem Smiley Wink

Till now i tried 5 different wifi networks but none of them work or me, also when i use mobile network it dosn't word (option im bbm is enabled).

yesterday i noticed following: when i want to do a bbm call out of the phone app it just says "not available" for bbm calls...maybe my bbid or my bbm are broken.

will wipe the z10 today once again and check the config with a new bbid...

cheers

Misheck

New Contributor

Update: did a sercure wipe and reconfigured the z10 with clean and new bbid, its WORKING and the voice call icon appears again!!! So is there any option to get the old bbid working again or do i have to use the new one? The old bbid has many apps i already paid for...

Cheers
Misheck
Retired

Hi Misheck,

Thanks for the update.

I would suggest update your password for your old BlackBerry ID by going to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid and then perform the security wipe and try to use the old BlackBerry ID on the BlackBerry Z10.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor

Ok thanks. Will try it next weekend and give you an update... Smiley Wink

cheers

Michael

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Both my husband and I are connected to Wifi, and both have unlimited data for times when we're not on wifi.