Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: STC

BBM freezes when i touch my profile, help ?!

So I never had this issue and Ive been using my Z10 for the last two months without any issues in BBM. But now if I tried to change my display pic or change my personal massage by touching my profile. It just freezes & I have to close it and re-open it and it'd will work fine but I still can't access my profile. Can somebody please help me ?!
New Contributor

Re: BBM freezes when i touch my profile, help ?!

Hello. Anybody help ?! Oh and I tried every rebooting method. So don't give me that "Have you tried removing your battery".
New Contributor

What a useless forum!
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Indonesia Telkomsel

I had the same problem few days ago. That's because of special characters used in the bbm status. Solved this morning with downgrading the device software to 10.0, change the status in bbm with NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS, then upgrade back the device software to 10.1 via web or link or straight from device.
Here's the address to download the autoloader : repo.antihackerlink.or.id/download.php?list.97
You're only need to download the 10.0 autoloader,10.0.0.261 or 10.0.0.738 will be fine. But REMEMBER TO BACKUP your device cause this autoloader is the same as you're wiping clean the device.
You'll need a PC to run this autoloader.
1. Run the extracted autoloader
2. Shutdown the z10 and then connect to PC
3. Press power button,wait until the autoloader finish writing the OS
4. When finished, the device will reboot by itself,disconnect the device from PC
5. Test the status/profile in bbm,if you can access it then you can change the status. DO NOT USE SPECIAL CHARACTERS.
6. Proceed update the device to 10.1 version
7. This is the only workaround i know this time,you can't use the special characters in bbm status temporarily,until BlackBerry updates bbm with special characters support for status
8. Goodluck,insya Allah it will works. But you know the words,use it on your own risk.. ;p
My Device: z10
My Carrier: stc

i'm facing the same problem!  And i don't want to "work around it" i want to solve it!!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hallo,  can you help me mr drumbiz. I have the same problem with you. We both have the same indonesia telkomsel carrier. I can't find the link for the autoloader at the repo link. Where else I cant find it? I found another else from mega webiste but the name is autoloader z10 dev alpha 10.0.10.261. Is it same ? And is it save/legal to downgrade the os on z10 ? Since we both lived in indonesia, can I contact you? Or can you give the suggested service center at jakarta to do the downgrade ? I'm really frustating with this problem. And I need a guidance to run the autoloader because I'm not confidence to do it the downgrade by myself. 

I really need a quicked reply and a suggestion help from you. Please reply this as soon as possible. 

Looking forward to in touch with you.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Dear blackbery technician supprt....

Please quick fix the problem.... I'm not the only one who has the problems...

Because of the problems it make me things to put away my Z10. Because I'm tired and frustated with this problem. What a unusefull have a blackberry Z10 but we can not change the status in blackberry messenger. 

Blackberry Messenger is the main core of the blackberry itself. And I bought the latest Z10 because of the upgrade software which say it's more better than the old OS 7 device. But because of the update status problem in bbm z10 really make me disappointed. 

Please make quicked response and fixed it

New Contributor

@nniasari : I have a pm for you.
New Contributor

Well, it seems that changing the settings in bbm, set show my country and time to ON fixing this problem. I haven't had a chance yet to try,but the info came from forum member nniasari whose succeeded. Go try em,guys. No need to wipe and downgrade OS! Smiley Very Happy

Credit goes to nniasari for the info. Thx.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10 2013
My Carrier: Axiom

go to App world, download an application called MyProfilesLight you will find it there its available

it will show you bunch of status pick which ever then Run Profile

its a temporary solution but you will be able to open your profile :Shifty:

no need to thank meeeeh lol