Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

BBM messages delayed

Dear blackberry team I have a blackberry z10 with an internet service plan in vodafone egypt, bbm messages kept delaying though i can browse the internet normally and i'm using third party applications. All work just fine except bbm, it works normally over wifi but not on the carrier network!! Whats the problem here
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM messages delayed

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From your description, the cause is quite clear...your carrier network has some issue, and you need to raise your issue with them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

Even with having all apps working over the mobile internet ex: watsapp, foursquare....etc.?? Its just bbm that lags while seding!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Yes, I understand. But you said it works fine via WiFi. Therefore, the core BlackBerry infrastructure that is involved is not at fault. Rather, when the traffic must pass through your carriers data network, that is when problems arise. Consequently, it's your carriers network that is the problem.

Furthermore, even if it were a problem with the core BlackBerry infrastructure, your resolution path would be the same. End users have no method to raise issues directly with BlackBerry. Only via escalation from the carrier can you receive formal support from BlackBerry. So, even if I'm wrong, your path to resolution is still the same -- it starts with your carrier.

Lastly, keep in mind the many reports we have here on this site since the release of BB10. The carriers are having to make adjustments to their networks so as to support both legacy and BB10 devices (which do not use BIS). In that process, we've had plenty of reports from both legacy and BB10 users of services stopping, starting, stopping again, and starting again. I suspect this has to do with the reconfigurations that the carriers must do...but again, only they can answer that specific of a detail.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Tigo

Hi! I also have a Z10

model number:  STL100-1

software version: 10.1.0.4181

I have the same problem, but here are some interesintg details. Whenever I stop using BBM for at least 15 minutes, the first message I attempt to send will delay 5 minutes. What I'm doing is using more another application to send first messages, once BBM message is sent, I switch back to BBM. But this is a really anoying issue spread wide over Z10 users. No response from BlackBerry. Smiley Mad

Hall of Famer III

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

mario_pon wrote:

Hi! I also have a Z10

model number:  STL100-1

software version: 10.1.0.4181

I have the same problem, but here are some interesintg details. Whenever I stop using BBM for at least 15 minutes, the first message I attempt to send will delay 5 minutes. What I'm doing is using more another application to send first messages, once BBM message is sent, I switch back to BBM. But this is a really anoying issue spread wide over Z10 users. No response from BlackBerry. Smiley Mad

How, exactly, did you ask BB for a response? If you are thinking that a response from them will be forthcoming in this user-to-user community, then it is your expectation that is in error...refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

As to your issues, what else have you done? Have you done reboots? Have you tried a device WIPE? Have you tried an OS reload? Anything else?

Cheers, and Good Luck!