Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Azercell

BBM service for BB10 is not yet supported by Azercell

Hi,

I bought my new Z10 to use with Azercell carrier in Azerbaijan, but the BBM service for the new devices is not supported yet, could someone advise when the new phones BB10 will be available in Azerbaijan.

Thanks,

A

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM service for BB10 is not yet supported by Azercell

On your Azercell account, do you have the traditional BIS BlackBerry Data Plan or when you got the Z10 device, did you change that plan to a normal FULL data plan?

Are you able to set up your BBMessenger with your BlackBerryID?

• If you can connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot and try to send and receive messages through BBM.
  • If BBM works over WiFi, then issue is a provisioning issue that will need to be resolved by your the network service provider (your carrier). Somehow, your SIM or your data plan on connected to your account is not provisioned correctly.
  • If  you are unable to send BBM messages through Wi-Fi, then you will need to escalate the issue up to BlackBerry technical support through your carrier (ask your issue to be "escalatated to RIM/BlackBerry tech support)  and you should be given an incident number and a phone number.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Austrian operator

i have the same problem with T-Mobile....They don't know why this happens. The strange thing is that it worked 2 weeks....

This is... Tmobile US, UK, DE, or ????

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I can use it with wifi without SIM card, and I have the same BIS that I was using my 9900 with, and BBM still working well if I put my sim card in it. I spoke to Azercell and they confirmed that the reason is that they do not supoort NEW BBM yet. The question was more about does Blackberry know when is official release in Azerbaijan, I hope that's when it will start working. I can't understand why it can not work with sim card if it's working properly through the wifi...

Anarchyzer wrote:
 I can't understand why it can not work with sim card if it's working properly through the wifi...

I can understand. Because Azercell does not have your account provisioned correctly.

1. The new BB10 devices do NOT use the old BIS service. It is not needed, and if if it is still on your account, it will confuse matters. Have Azercell remove it and add a full blown data plan, not a lite or social media data plan.

2. No one here knows when BlackBerry might launch BB10 for Azercell. But, Azercell should know.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Re: BBM service for BB10 is not yet supported by Cercal

Thank you, i will try it, could you please specify what do you mean by full blown data plan, what exact criteria should it have.

Thanks,

A.

Highlighted

Re: BBM service for BB10 is not yet supported by Cercal

Full, not limited in anyway. A normal full data plan.

Not one named Social Play, Lite Plan, or limited in any way.

Knowledge Base Updates