Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: IDEA!

BBM stops working on z10 and then needs a reboot to resolve the issue.

Hello Team Blackberry,

I am also facing same issue, my bbm drops in between. Let me explain you in detail. My Z10 is running  os 10.0.10.261 and while using bbm  all of the sudden it gets stop delivering the message i sent. I am not sure if incoming messages are also getting effected. But for sure the outgoing messages shows the waiting symbol for long and then shows the failed symbol (red cross mark), if i try resending the same message in a minute it will get deliver. To Come out of this issue i have to restart the device and then for next few hours it will work soomthly but again after few hours the same problem occurrs. Before posting this i made sure about bbm symbol if it is present or not while i am facing this problem, And answer is Yes most of the time it is present but still i face this. I confirmed with my carrier partner and they told it is not their problem as while i am facing the issue i am having full network signal, so it is not an network issue. Could you please look into this asap, as i am really not satisfied as z10 bugs are coming out day by day I expected a lot from Blackberry Z10. But it is not coming onto my expectation after investing so much on it.

Awaiting a line of confirmation.

Regrads,

Gaurav Khera.

New Contributor

Re: BBM stops working on z10 and then needs a reboot to resolve the issue.

[ Edited ]

Developer
My Device: Limited Developer Edition
My Carrier: WiFi

Try call your service provider, and post pic of your homescreen here to see if you're gettin the BB logo
If i've helped you use the like button (KUDOS)!
Follow me at twitter: @hektorc
Read my blog: http://hektor.in
Check my GitHub: github.com/hektorcyc
New Contributor

I called my service provider and even i replaced my micro sim to be at safer side, but this is not due to network issue, and yes the bbm symbol is present near network bars whenever i faced this. I have clicked multiple screenshot which will show the status of sent message and symbol of bbm with time. But i am not able to paste screenshot here getting error always. Please help if there is any other way by which i can send you the screenshots. Please revert, thanks
New Contributor

For screenshot please find the screenshots link as below.

https://twitter.com/khera1488/status/310602453416570880/photo/1

https://twitter.com/khera1488/status/310772727193686016/photo/1

If you need more screen shots, please let me know, i have already captured many shots with differrent users and at differrent time.

Awaiting for your revert. Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: idea

I am facing the same problem. When my BlackBerry service was active I could use BBM and my email service over my wifi network but not without it. Then I learned that z10 doesn't support BlackBerry service so today I got my 3g activated. I am not able to use my BBM smoothly over the 3g network. It works sometimes and doesn't work the next moment. The problem is only with sending and receiving the messages. I can view the user updates every minute. Email service is also working perfectly. I am able for browse the net and use BlackBerry world. The BlackBerry logo is always present at the upper right corner besides the 3G H+ or E symbol. I am able to use BBM smoothly over my wifi network. The BlackBerry customer care people cannot rectify the problem. I have restarted the device and registered it but in vain. Please help. Dr. Shantanu.
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey, finally getting a chance to view this thread.

it would be best if you could post your screen shots in this thead for review. i believe you will need ten posts in the forum in order to be able to upload images from your computer to this forum.

to get your ten posts, drop over to the Welcome & Introductions section of the forum and welcome 6-7 different members.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

khera_14, also, in what country are you located?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Dear Dr Shantanu,

Exactly the same problem i am facing and i am fed up with contacting BB service center they dont know about this issue, they are reacting as its new and unknown issue for them (BB service center guys) And even they are not ready to accept this as a BB issue, i dont know why?? May i know which mobile subcriber (carrier) are you using? 

@ BB Support Team,

Are you guys are aware of this and do we have a fix for this or do we need to go back to BB 7.0 for bbm...??

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: idea

I am using idea.