Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

BBM won't send to one contact

I'm having an issue with BBM and one contact.  The contact cannot see my avatar or status, but can send me a message.  I cannot send the contact a message, nor can I tell when or if it's been read.  I only see a check mark, but my contact can see when I read her message.  I can see the other contact's avatar and status.

I have tried pulling the battery, restarting and even shutting off both phones (both Z10's with the same carrier and on the same wifi network). I've deleted each other's contact and re-invited each other several times. Still having the same issue. Please help.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Black

Re: BBM won't send to one contact

I'm also having a problem like this, same network, a Z10 to a Q10, both with software completely up to date. I get red Xs when I send, she can send to me, but it never shows the R only the D. We've restarted, battery pulled, deleted each other and readded, please help both of us.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap; 16GB Playbook

Re: BBM won't send to one contact

I've been in contact with Telus.  They're suggesting delete the affected contact (not just BBM contact) from the phone; then pull the battery, replace and re-set up the contact.  I haven't done this yet, but will when i can.  Try this.

It seems like the contact information is somehow confused and won't sync the bbm contact with the rest of the contact information.