Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: QTEL

BBZ10 Display Brightness.

Hello !

I got the bbz10 since 3 days now and i have learned many things about it. I love the new OS , swipe gestures , HUB etc.. 

The only thing that made me scratch my head Smiley Frustrated is the display brightness.. the screen seemed dim ?? or maybe because i have used many phones before with the option to increase the brightness till your eyes bleed lol.

But before making any judgmements , i  have decided to go and check out my friend's bbz10 and see if it's the same thing or not.. I will update soon about it.. I posted this message anyways in case some one else is facing the same matter. i wouldn't call it an issue since many actually don't mind it like that.. but for me , i need my screen to shine a bit :-p

One thing in mind though , would it be possible for an update to give the chance to increase the brightness just a bit more ? pardon my ignorance as in i am not aware of such method/way since i haven't faced it before.

Cheers!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BBZ10 Display Brightness.

Swipe down from the top, select settings, Display, Slide brightness settings to the right. 

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Go to your Settings (swipe down from the top bezel) > Display > and you'll see the brightness settings here.

Is yours set to 100%

(you are not alone, I have read over reviewers comment that the screen just doesn't appear "bright" enough, even at 100%).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I did that. still looks dim ( in my eyes lol )

I have changed the wallpaper to a bright color and that kinda helped ? :-p . Thank you for replying 

New Contributor

Jsanders,

you are right.. it still doesnt look bright enough. thats why i was wondering about the update inquiry . Thank you for replying

Contributor
My Device: Z10/Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I for one am glad its not so bright it makes your eyes bleed. I have mine set at maybe 40% brightness and love it. When I had my Torch I found it too bright and had it set to maybe 20%. Personal preferences I guess.

New Contributor

Kbalaz,

yeah you are right. the previous blackberrys can be pretty bright unlike the bbz10. that's what i meant. to have the "option" to make it bright or dim .. but haha to be honest i wish i had your eyes then i wouldn't be facing this issue -____-