Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry 9900 & Blacberyy Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

BBZ10

I will appreciate if any one can support me in this, got my Z10 yesterday, looks great and the device is excellent, tried to activate my work email as usual by adding my email and password obtained from IT administrator, but no way to go through every time the device is asking me to go to advanced options to insert additional settings which was not required before by any other BB device

at the same time our IT policy is quite strict and they don't accept such additional settings

is that normal?

Appreciate your support

thanks

wissam

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BBZ10

[ Edited ]

Hi wissam,

The new BlackBerry 10 devices use a different system for accessing work email. Unless your company is on BES, you may need to get a little info to get up and running. My guess is that you will be using the Microsoft Exchange Active Sync option to set up your email address. To do this, follow these instructions:

1. Go to Settings > Accounts, then "Add Account".

2. Select Email, Calendar and Contacts, and see if you can try to enter it simply using your email address. If that doesn't work, select Advanced at the bottom of the page. The rest of these instructions are based on having to use the Advanced setup.

3. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

4. Enter a Description for your account (e.g. Work Email).

5. Leave the Domain section empty.

6. Enter your email address, password and the server address. The server address is typically something like "mail.companyname.com". If you are unsure but have access to Outlook Web Access, it will be the same address as your OWA, minus the /owa portion.

7. Click Next and your device should now connect to your work Exchange server and you should be able to complete the setup and start using your email.

If you have any problems, you just need to ask your work IT department for the following information:

1. The Microsoft Exchange Server Address (e.g. mail.companyname.com)

2. The Port # (or confirm if it is Port 443, which is the default port).

That should do it for you, but if you need more info, please ask. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

My Device: Blackberry 9900 & Blacberyy Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

Thanks much appreciate

will check and revert

Best regards

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

Hi

I am having issues getting my contacts and calender to display. I have set up via Microsoft Active Exchange ActiveSynch. My emails are fine. I have read that the BBz10 does not support contacts & calender items from outlook, surely this is not true?

H
My Device: z10
My Carrier: no

sir mene apna bbz10 format kiya tha bt wo 3 days ho gye wo complt nh ho rha h procssing h chl rhi h pls tell me k kitne days me complt ho jata h 99% to ho gai ab tk