Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BBz10 Unlcoking issues with ATT

Fred98tj wrote:

Note:

FWIW, I paid a *lot* less than $700.00 for my Z10, as a outright buy, through my local AT&T store, I mean less than 1/2 that price Smiley Happy 

ha Fred98tj,

this is interesting, how did you do that?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

AT&T has (or at least a month ago when I got my Z10) a promotion where you could bring in any old smartphone and get a minimum of $125.00 for it. I brought in two old ones that I no longer used (A HTC Thunderbolt that was not even a GSM phone, and a Motorola Atrix II) and got $300.00 for them total. The Z10, out right purchase with no contract, at AT&T was $549.00 to start with, so I got $300.00 off that price.

Smiley Happy

Fred

Highlighted
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

You need to call back and speak to a different customer service rep.  My wife calls it "Get a different Italian."  When we were in Rome trying to make a change to a rental car agreement over the phone my wife got nothing but **bleep**.  After she hung up I said, "Call back and get a different Italian."  She did and he OK'd everything she wanted in five seconds.  (Don't yell, my wife and I are both Italian).  Call back. 

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: H20

you can get the phone unlocked call AT&T ask for the MEP code to the phone they must give it to you if you purchased the phone outright. but even if they give it to you legally they are supposed to remove all locks even data locks but they change the software to make it look like the phone isnt compatible but earlier this year it was but because of the software locks which they have the unlock to as well it makes it look like it cant be used with anyone else's data though that is a lie and as well illegal.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: H20

everyone who reads this buy blackberry only straight from RIM if you dont youll be SORRRRRRRY!
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

I don't know.  I'm with T-Mo and they sent me the correct unlock code in two days.  Honestly with their wifi-calling and international calls at $.20/min, I'll probably never use a different SIM anyway.