Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

BESX and Z10

With the new separation of corporate and personal on the new Z10 is it possible to block apps from being downloaded on the corporate side while still allowing them on the personal side? Is blocking users from being able to bill purchases of apps and music ect. to their wireless bill an option on the personal side? Thanks for the help.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BESX and Z10

JeepITguy wrote:

With the new separation of corporate and personal on the new Z10 is it possible to block apps from being downloaded on the corporate side while still allowing them on the personal side? Is blocking users from being able to bill purchases of apps and music ect. to their wireless bill an option on the personal side? Thanks for the help.

I know that it is possible using BES to only allow "compay approved" program to be install on the WORK side of the phone, and on the PERSONAL side, the owner can install what ever they want, and also the documents that are on the WORK side are not available on the PERSONAL side

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

Do the policies that I assign a device through the BES apply to the personal side of the Z10 as well? For instance the Enable Wireless Service Provider Billing policy. If this is true then if I restrict third party apps through the BES and it applies to the personal side as well, they would not be able to download apps. So what I am getting at is do the policies set by the BES only apply to the corporate side? 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

JeepITguy wrote:

Do the policies that I assign a device through the BES apply to the personal side of the Z10 as well? For instance the Enable Wireless Service Provider Billing policy. If this is true then if I restrict third party apps through the BES and it applies to the personal side as well, they would not be able to download apps. So what I am getting at is do the policies set by the BES only apply to the corporate side? 

Sorry, but this is out of my league now, for that part you will need some body that is familiar with BES, I know that KnottyRope do manage BES service, maybe he could help you

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin