Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 919099732494

BIS Plan on Z10 (vodafone)

Hello All,

I am new to BB z10. i want to know if this device support BIS Monthly plan of 399 from vodafone or not?

Thanks

Rajesh

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BIS Plan on Z10 (vodafone)

On most carriers you can use a BIS plan if you already have one with your previous device however you won't get the compressed data that BIS offers.

So to explain it differently, a regular data plan is all you need but if you have BIS it should work on your Z10 (but it has been known to negatively affect the operation of some BB 10 phones so beware).

I hope that answers your question.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

So, to make it even muddier... BIS as designed will not function properly on OS 10 devices. As stated, in some cases, it can even make your data plan not work. However... some carriers have a "boogied" pseudo-BIS which they claim is BIS (more for marketing reasons), but which functions fine on OS 10 because... it's not really BIS at all. I believe Bell Canada was doing this for a while.

Also be careful when a carrier claims you have a full functioning BIS plan only for you to discover you have been paying for normal, uncompressed data. In other words, BIS + OS10 = NO.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: vodafone

I'm with vodafone and according to them bis works on my z10
Forums Advisor II

All you need do is search around and you will discover the series 10 OS will not function on a true BIS plan. If you are paying for a BIS plan then you are getting ripped off. Period.
Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

@waynejonesee To add to the above, there is a subtle distinction here.

BB10 models do not use BIS. You do not need a speciall BlackBerry data plan. You only need the carrier's regular data plan for data.

As far as working on BIS, some users have found that their BB10 data works with a BIS plan on their line; others have found problems that are eliminated when BIS is removed and replaced with a regular mobile data plan.

So, BB10 data does not use BIS. BB10 data may or may not work if there is a BIS account on the line.
- Ira
Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

You can have a BIS plan on your line, but your 10 series phone cannot use it. In other words, if the phone appears to function properly that's because it is using a stock data plan, it cannot use a BIS plan. Thus you are paying for something you are not using. NO OS 10 phone can work with a BIS plan.

In fact, here is Vodaphone itself telling you the same thing...

http://support.vodafone.com.au/articles/FAQ/BlackBerry-Z10-and-data-BIS-or-BES