Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY Z10 PROBLEMS

[ Edited ]

So I got my new Blackberry Z10 Saturday afternoon. Last night (only Monday), I went to check twitter and my phone randomly shut off. I didn't think much of it.. I thought I had just drained the battery. So when I got home, I plugged it in straight away and after some minutes passed, I went to turn it back on, it turned on, but wouldn't load the hub, and then shut off again. Still didn't think much of it, I just thought it was really dead and plugged it in and went to bed. It is now 11:30am and it's still plugged in, but will not turn on. When holding the power button, the LED red light blinks once, and then does nothing.

I now do not know what to do. I am hoping I just received a defective phone, and the Blackberry Z10 still has some hope. It worked perfectly up until last night.

Is anyone else having problems like this? Any suggestions? I don't want to bail ship on Blackberry.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: BLACKBERRY Z10 PROBLEMS

Wow, I am sure you must be pissed. It sounds like a defective phone, might want to take it back to the store. But before you do, I would suggest to take the battery out and leave it out for 5 minutes, then put it back in, make sure the battery pins line up property. Also take the sim card out and put it back in just in case it wasn't fully pushed in. See if that will restart you Z10.

If your phone starts up, go to security and privacy settings and do a security wipe and restart from scratch.. I have had my phone for 7 days now and so far so good, couple of fixes needed in the OS and fine tuning and hopefully Office sync comes out soon..

New Contributor

I am livid... and heartbroken. 2 days together and it didn't last!

I left the battery out all night, it didn't do anything this morning. I also tried the sim thing, nothing has worked.

I'm going back to the store tonight, seems like my only hope, but now I'm afraid if they start it back up they'll have all my information and everything that's logged in on my phone.

Any other suggestions would be great!!

New Contributor

I got a new Z10 that night, and she is now up and running fine!

Hopefully this relationship lasts.Smiley Embarassed

*knocks on wood*

New Contributor
My Device: BB9700; BB9780; BB990; BBZ10

Good luck! I've been with my BB9700 for nearly four years and I picked up the Z10 as soon as it came out. I think I made a mistake of buying something too soon, my Z10 is really buggy from time to time and I end up having to restart it. Hopefully yours place a little nicer Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Virgin

I had a Z10 for under 2 weeks, was working perfectly fine but noticed that sometimes it took a few times of plugging in the charger to get the phone to recognize and start charging. I didn't think anything of it as I noted that it would always eventually start charging and I was reading in these forums that the phone was having some charger connectivity issues. But yesterday, I had connected the phone to a generic car charger and the phone just completey shut off and would not come back on. I did a battery pull but it still wouldn't come on. Thinking the battery might be dead (even though it was at half) I put it back into my charger at home (the original phone charger) still did not turn back on. So I sent it in immediately back to Fido in hopes that they replace the phone with me as I am close to the two week deadline. Has anyone else faced these problems?

My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BB Z10 - Deleting Bookmarks off Browser

I just gor my Z10 3 days ago, Just wondering if anyone new how to delete bookmarks from the browser and how to save my contacts to my SIM card. Any Suggestions

Regular Contributor
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Z10 battery problem?

I have just had my phone for a week and starting yesterday the battery won't hold a charge.  I charged it all night and it lasted about 3 hours today before my phone died and locked up.  I went to the supplier and was told that their course of action would be to replace the battery to see if there were isssues there, or if there were not, to replace the phone.  The only problem is that Blackberry hasn't yet given them the ability to order batteries.  I have had a Blackberry Bold for 5 years, waited patiently for the Z10 to be released and now for my loyalty have a new Z10 that isn't working properly and a manufacturer that won't let the supplier order batteries which may or may not fix it.  Terrible customer support!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Os7.1
My Carrier: Dtac Thailand

Hopefully this relationship lasts.