Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: old 88 something tri-band
My Carrier: Verizon

Basic Phone functions

I receive a text from some and need to call them. On the old blackverry a click on the phone number any where would dial t hem. However on the z10, if i press the phone number at the top of the SMS/Text stream, it does NOT dial the number. Instead it brings up the entire contact list. This is double dumb and I am hoping there isa setting to correct it.

Also I use the browser to find a restaurant I want to eat at. when I see the phone number of the restaurant (on yelp/bing/google) it is not clickable to dial the number immediately.  Am I expcted to memorize the number and then punch it in? Or is there a bug in the browser?

The phone function is buried on the thid screen. and when  you do bring it up you don't immediately see the dial pad

If you want to refdial a recentll dialled number, where do you find it readily. The old OS had the numbers stacked and you could readily dial any recent number.

These are basic functions that the Z10 either does not have or has made them non intutitive. Disappointing, Also odd that none of the rave reviews are pointing this out.