Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Battery Discharging

[ Edited ]

Had a Torch used alot for work, and battery life was great 3-4 days before charges, also had auto on/off with torch. I just Got the Blackeberry Z10 last week and the battery charge don't last 8 hours! (SUCKS) as i don't have time for charging the battery ongoing everyday.! i suppose i will be returning Z10 and going back to my Torch! anyone have a solution or reason for battery drain on Z!0. Also Wi-Fi  says saved, but disabled cannot get on my Wi-Fi!  Thank you in advance for advice! Brian

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery Discharging

I'd never expect 3-4 days of normal or moderate usage from either the Z10 nor the Torch (had a torch also, rarely a days' charge).  There are just too many variants. If you were getting that kind of battery use from your Torch, you might want to stick with it for a while longer.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

On this forum, if you check, I think JSanders has posted a link that shows 10 things that you can do to help reduce battery usage. If not head over to crackberry.com and you can search it over there.

The battery usage is high on any smartphone (this is true with iPhone, Samsungs, HTC, Nokia or any other). There are a couple of reasons for this - one, is the full touch HD+ screen and, second is LTE/4G connection. If your provider permits, you can drop your connection to 3G or below to get a better performance (bump up to LTE/4G in case you want to watch videos).

If you can give me more details of your home WiFi connection I may be able to help - I have disabled SSID broadcast on my home network so I had to be careful to manually enter the correct SSID while configuring WiFi on my Z10 (and that is the case when I configure other phones as well). Also if you are into using TKIP or AES then please remember to set the Authentication Type to "WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES)" on your home network.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

limaye, thanks for the reminder.

Ten ways to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code