Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Battery Issue

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I thought I had mentioned above.

I've got the Advanced App Manager. It shows NOTHING as running atall. I'll see if I can add some of the screen shots that I've taken when I get home.

Another issue I've been having with the Z10 recently is the Internet connection dropping whilst im on 3G, but not WiFi. It'll drop to 3g instead of 3G. Or h+ Instead of H+ is there any reason the phone would be doing this? I've rang T-Mobile and they say nothing is wrong on their end. My mate is also on T-Mobile and is having exactly the same issue. 

I should mention the phone is fully updated! 

---------------------------

A newly created BlackBerry enthusiast!
I'm on Twitter @niijonodhg
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I've had similar issues with T-Mobile US. The BB logo will disappear for a while and then return. I've been told the same by T-Mobile.

If nothing is running and the device is heating up it must be syncing a mail account, or trying to. Have you tried removing your accounts and re-adding them one at a time to see if one of them is causing it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

The only accounts I have on there are:

My main Email address (Google Mail with Calendar(s) sync'd)

A Facebook account

A Twitter acount

A LinkedIn account

My email address only syncs every 30 minutes, although ideally I'd like it quicker and even more ideally it would be Push Email and I haven't set any special timings for the social network acount so they should just be standard.

So really not allot for the phone to be handling; especially when on every phone I've had in the past few months I've maxed out with several email accounts and social networks and never had the same issues?

My worry is that if it is the email address that's causing it then the phone becomes null and void as it's what I'm trying to use it for!

Bluetooth OFF

NFC OFF

Mobile Hotspot OFF

Internet Tethering OFF

VPN OFF

I've also turned off gestures from locked in settings today I saw somewhere that people feel it increases their battery life; though I'm not convinced that I've had any more battery compared to that of yesterday :/

What would you suggest around the dropping signal? I read somewhere that even though OS10 doesn't require BIS but does require your network to route the connection properly. I mentioned this to the T-Mobile rep on the phone and he assured me that wasn't true. If that's not true I can't think of any reason the phone should drop internet connection so randomly and so frequently - when I know the T-Mobile signal where I am is strong, due to having Android phones using the same sim card for the past year and a half.

---------------------------

A newly created BlackBerry enthusiast!
I'm on Twitter @niijonodhg