Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Battery life problem

What's the battery life supposed to be like on these things ? My Torch would quite happily run for a day and a half, although I charged it each night to be safe. The Z10 came yesterday, so I left it on charge all night after the first few hours messing around. Today it's been almost flat twice, and I don't even have anything significant running on it yet.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Battery life problem

My phone is 24 hrs old. I charged it last night , I see my battery is at half after 9 hrs.  No phone calls.   Seems shorter but ok.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: rogers

how about charging?  Mine seems to take FOREVER to charge... I'm talking hours just to get past half way... ?

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Now the charging thing could well be it - I didn't really notice the battery indicator when I unplugged it this morning. Could well be that was what was happening. I've seen other messages about that fault. Wow, everywhere I look with this phone, nothing works right.

New Contributor
My Device: PRIV

I know... and where is the SUPPORT FROM BB in these Forums - i have not seen ONE reply... Is this a support forum or just somewhere we can complain?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Funny you should say that.   I just bought a Samsung Note II today ( I still have my Z10) , I did say I was calling this morning but I am trying not to make any hasty decisions as noone else supports the Outlook sync directly lke BB did.  That was 1 idea they  owned !

Back to support,  I just emailed samsung regarding a tech question and the support got back to me in 30 mins. The same goes for Deja office.  I think that's awsome.  I also never had any other phone other than BB.

Deja Office is my solution for Outlook at some point.  Deja works right now for my Samsung.  The Z10 is to be my main phone at some point but I cannot wait for the app. BB has the App just has not approved it. 

Now that I have calmed down and accepted the fact that  I will need an Outlook alternative no matter what phone I go with I am trying to get to know the good things about the Z10.  

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
My Device: playbook 32 and torch

I agree, the battery life is poor (so far). After a full charge last nite by 3pm today the battery was very low that I needed to charge it....

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry9780
My Carrier: Telus

Charging time for the battery should be about 2 1/2 hours.   The battery is 1800 maH and the charger that comes with the phone is 5 v @ 750 maH.   My first charge took much longer but I had my phone on all the time and probably had some apps running in the background.   Now if I can, I turn it off to charge.  If I can't then the charge takes a little longer about 1/2 an hour longer.

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: bell

Hi all
my phone charging time is about 2 1/2 hours
I unplugged this morning at 8:00 am
and the whole day I had
5 phone calls
20 emails
11 BBM
4 TXT
now is about 9:30 Pm
and the phone is almost dead
how can we extend the life of this beautiful machine??
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry9780
My Carrier: Telus

Unfortunately you probably can't.  Twelve hours would be a good time for it.  A pain I know but until they get a battery with biggere capacity it will have to do.  I'm used to charging my old BB up once a week.  This will be a big learning curve for me to remember to charge it up every night, and probably take the charger with me so I can have life in it ALL day.