Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Battery life

FYI the Z10   factory charger puts out 750 m/a .  Some of your older chargers maybe under powered and be slow. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
My Device: Z30 - Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Well, full charge of the new battery , unplugged at 6pm, left for a drive in the car for about 1.5 hours, got to my destination, shut the phone off at 9pm,,, turned it back on at 1020 pm, phone was dead, totally dead, had to plug it in car charger for the ride home,,,

I also have this little round circle appearing beside the battery, anyone know what that could be???

BB Z30 = Best phone on the market!

Loving the battery life
Contributor
My Device: Z30 - Z10

This is the photo that shows the little simbol in question, if anyone has any clues???

unknown symbol

BB Z30 = Best phone on the market!

Loving the battery life
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

The yellow triangle is a caution sign, but I did not see that appear even when I deliberately let my battery run down to 0% as a test. BB would have to tell you when that symbol appears (unless you have downloaded an app or theme that changes your battery icon).

If you shut the phone off, how and why did the battery continue to drain?

You could do a test:

Shut the phone off. Fully charge the battery in the phone. Turn the phone on. Verify a 100% charge. Shut the phone off. Remove the battery and just let it sit for a few hours. Put it back in the phone and check the charge level. If it is anything but 100 or 99%, then your battery is simply defective and self discharging.

Trusted Contributor

BTW, just FYI, my battery is doing great, no issues. Running wifi, bluetooth to playbook and car, sharing a file with the PB, running on LTE, receiving and sending emails. I'm on Rogers (we still have to suspect carriers customizing something that is causing a problem, like leaving some debug tool running or something).

Whatever your issue is, I don't think it is systemic with the Z10.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Orange

I think that symbol means you're Z10 is using a location service and might have a gps lock/is trying to get a gps lock.

As for my battery, it's pretty poor. Had 100% when I woke up, dropped down to 96% in the time it took me to brush my teeth, shower and get dressed. That was at 7:30am.

Was browsing the web for an hour on the train to work (connected to my galaxy note's wi-fi hotspot), listening to music with Bluetooth headphones.

Then had Wi-Fi on at work all day for emails and sent a few texts, screen off in between.

It's now at 34% at 3:30pm, which seems far too low for me. Will have to charge up so that I can listen to music and surf the web for my home commute. 

A 2,100mAh battery at the very least would have been great...

Trusted Contributor

It is possible that one of the apps you have downloaded (I see flashlight there) is auto starting and draining your battery using the internal sensors or GPS etc.

In the developer forums, there were lots of questions from some app devs about how to auto start an app. I didn't follow those threads since I didn't need/want that funtion.

It is also possible that an app did not close out its resources properly and left the sensor(s) running, which will drain things pretty quick.

Power management in these devices is critical and if some app makes a mess somewhere that it doesn't clean up, you could have a problem.

You might want to try removing all of the apps that you have downloaded and test you battery with a 'virgin' setup.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Since charging mine, I'm now on 40% with little usage over the last 16 hours. Under heavy usage with poor signal I wouldn't be surprised not to get 4hrs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I am having the same issue as 'borsodi'.

I fully charge my phone over night to 100%, I use it moderately and cannot get to 10am without it being below 20%. I went into the Store and they gave me a new battery. I killed the battery then fully charged it, did this twice with the new one still the same issue. I cannot get past 10am. This is getting very frustrating, someone help me before I decide to return this phone because I can't take an extension cord everywhere I go

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

[ Edited ]

OBSERVATION: you are both with telus!

I'm Thinking they like many carriers have modified the phone. Maybe there's a bug in their software on the Z10. 

Hollywood44 wrote:

I am having the same issue as 'borsodi'.

I fully charge my phone over night to 100%, I use it moderately and cannot get to 10am without it being below 20%. I went into the Store and they gave me a new battery. I killed the battery then fully charged it, did this twice with the new one still the same issue. I cannot get past 10am. This is getting very frustrating, someone help me before I decide to return this phone because I can't take an extension cord everywhere I go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!