Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Battery life

I'm with Bell, my battery, yesterday for example, lasted 7 hours with two phone calls totalling maybe 3 minutes, a dozen texts, and sporadic, quick internet browsing. I'm not impressed at all. I close apps when not in use, have only added a couple since getting the phone ten days ago. I have locater off unless I need it, bluetooth off as well.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Why do so many people complain about the Z10 being dead in the morning after being on a good charge the night before ? Am I the only person who charges the phone overnight ? Seems to me the most logical time to do so ....

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

The 9900's said NOT to charge them for more than 2 or 3 hours!  Is the Z10 different?  Can we leave them on the charger overnite without doing damage?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I have always charged mine overnight. You can't overcharge any BB as they all turn off charging when they hit 100%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Ridiculous ... I only have ever charged my phones when they needed a charge, often whole getting ready in the morning to top them up for the dsy.

The point is that a fully charged phone not being used overnight should not be dead in the morning regardless...

BlackBerry needs to fix the OS soon
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Nobody said there wasn't a problem. It just doesn't make sense to not charge overnight and wake up to a device that's ready to go for the day. Charging automatically stops when it hits 100% anyway. Why it dies so fast is likely something you should contact your carrier about and get escalated to BB so they can have a look at the device logs and determine the cause.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

I am having no battery problems so if you are, then perhaps the battery is the culprit not the OS. I easily get 2 full days with moderate use, turning it off at 10 PM and on at 8 AM.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

I don't think there is a 'problem' with the OS.

I regularly get >20 hours on a full charge, with wifi, bluetooth, LTE active and using hotspot. (I don't actually use it as a phone much)

I streamed ~400MB of video via LTE  the other day and and it only to about 10-20% of battery.

There may be specific problems with specific phones, or there could be a carrier related issue, or people have done something that is using battery unkown to them (i.e. side loading certain android apps will drain the battery, having many email accounts set to sync constantly, etc)

It is also possible that there are duff batteries out there.

If it was the OS, all Z10 would be doing it, and that does not appear to be the case.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Already on my second phone... first was a charge dud from the start... this one was fine for the first several days, and now is random some days great and others pathetic... so yes it could be batteries in some cases, but given what I am seeing overall it is definitely also tied to the OS ... as its being triggered to run specific tasks or allowing something to run when it shouldn't... not uncommon in programing bugs
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

I'm on my second phone. The first one wouldn't last more than four hours despite the level of usage. I watched it, it very consistantly drained at a pace of about 10% every 20-25 minutes. I charged my first phone overnight, went into a meeting (where my phone sat idle on my desk) first thing yesterday morning, and came out of the meeting an hour and fourty-five minutes later with my phone at 55%. Completely unacceptable, I drove to Telus and replaced it.

The new phone doesn't seem much better, which is incredibly discouraging. I let the battery completely drain after picking it up yesterday, and then charged it to 100%. I went out last night to watch the UFC fights, and unplugged the phone at 6:00. By 1:00am I was asking my friends to borrow a Berry charger, despite only using the phone for the odd text or BBM message. While this is an improvement from my first phone, it is still not good enough. I need to be able to get at least 12 hours.

I'm going to see how it goes today. Has anyone called Blackberry IT? Have they acknowledged the frequent problems with these batteries? Am I going to have to get a 3rd phone?