Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Battery life

OK, I'm really confused...  I did the update last thursday that was 150mb,  was this the update that was supposed to fix the battery issues?  Because it didn't for me...it made it worse.  I've tried everything to make this phone last more than 6 hours.  I'm running NOTHING and not using it at all and it's dead in 6 hours. However, I've just noticed that there's a new update 10.0.10.85 that is only 14 mb.  I've uploaded this one and I'm hoping that this will fix my battery issues.  Any comments???  VERY frustrated...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

BlackBerry rarely sends out release notes so there is no way of knowing officially what the update fixed. Obviously, it didn't fix your battery life issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Did you ever solve this problem. I am SO frustrated.  Having the same issues.  Deleted all and any apps that I suspect might be a drain.  Never use the **bleep** thing and it just discharges. 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

@mcjean

There is only one way these issues are ever going to be resolved.

Any one having serious issues with their Z10 should return it immediately and inform BB , if possible.

Do not waste your time telling them your issues. They already know them.

Playing amateur tech boy and fiddling around with stuff helps nobody, including BB themselves.

Put maximum pressure on BB. Only when large numbers of customers revolt at being treated like this, will anything happen.

I love BB and my 9000 and I wish them well, but at the moment they need their corporate **bleep** kicked.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have reinstalled the new OS using BB Link and restored all my data except apps. My battery has lasted from 12pm - 7pm I have 55% battery still. I have watched a hour of TV shows over wifi to my TV. I have been bbming and SMS for a couple of hours also I have been playing a game for about 20-30mins. 

I am going to fully charge it tonight and have 4GLTE off and see what my battery is at. Normal on airplane mode the Z10 is only on standby, I would lose 75% battery over night.

I will keep everyone posted!

Contributor

thanks for the kick in the butt...  Took my phone back for a swap and I'm amazed at the difference.  Now sitting at 17.5 hrs since I took it off the charger and it's still at 55%.  That's no BS or exaggeration.  Clearly I had a problem phone.  Thanks for the kick!!!! 

Love the Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: telus

Re: removing posts?

[ Edited ]

Any idea how to delete a post? The one I typed below end up appearing twice and since I could not  remove it I figured I would spare you all reading it twice. Also does anybody else experience extreme difficulty when on the full support forum site? It is extremely glitchy  for me, for eg. I tried to bring up the highlight bubbles and repeatedly got the magnifier, or it would jump around the screen etc. Thanks. 

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: telus

I installed the update AND bought the external battery charger as charging the battery while it is not in operation is better for life. I now get an average of 10-12 hours and I am not even letting the battery fall below 20%. I had issues prior but they were due to the phone, try contacting carrier to exchange phone.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

With the OS update I am currently at 50% battery after 29 hours!

Everything except NFC is ON. Connected to LTE and wifi at home.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Downloading and installing the update from Bell now.  Fingers crossed!