Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Etisalat - Dubai

Battery won't charge after installing 10.2.0.424

Hi.

I just intalled the latest OS upgrade things started going south .... fast:

• my contacts come and go - one minute I have 10, the next I have 3000 and then back to 50
  • photos and videos vanished without a trace
  • whatsapp, wechat, etc. just ceased up

all the above sorted itself out (more or less) after a while but now the most pressing issue is that my phone simply will not charge up the battery.

I have tried everything under the sun - resetting, pulling out the battery, putting it in Flight Mode, deleting Apps, deleting calendar syncs, different power sources, ...

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

F.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Battery won't charge after installing 10.2.0.424

Try charging from your computer.
Contributor

I've charged with the computer as well. No improvement.

The Z10 has been sitting on charge now for 4 hours and it's up to 17% charge!!

F.

Forums Veteran I

Looks like you should do a Restore to Factory Settings but if you do you should back up all you stuff first.
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

i have same issue i returned it to previous software and became fine then updated again the software i faced same issue overheating long time charging and 1 hour life time battrey ( BTW i thought it battrey issue and bought new one still same )
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi geeks, 

I'm particulary interested in this complaint because i'm facing the same challenge. Immediately after upgrading my Z10 OS, it now takes between 3 to 4 hours (irrespective of the power source) to charge the battery up to 25%. It takes a whole day to get it to 100% from which it  discharges to zero within an hour. Since the upgrade, the phone has reached such alarming temperatures that I have at times feared that the phone will melt.

Please what can i do? What does it take to do a downgrade?

Thank you.

Forums Veteran I

You can reset your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

Contributor

Thank you 'fyip' for your suggestion of backing up and resetting to factory settings.

Couple of issues -

First - the Link selectively backs up my photos and videos and has been doing so since I got the Z10 when it was released. I seem to have no control what gets saved and what doesn't.

Second - I could not be bothered to go through this mess just to recover what I already had and was ACTUALLY workign fine.

It is as if we are all being tested as to the extent we will put up with nonesense before we snap and dump BB.

Also, I am disappointed that NO ONE from Blackberry has bothered to say a few words. At least acknowledging the issues and give all of us hope that they are working on it.

......... after all HOPE is all that is left.

A frustrated BB user.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

I have tried everything possible ... Even i returned to 10.1 but still same issue and im the end while im in the way to send to blackberry centre .. I did security wipe and stuck for 1 hour , i removed the battrey many times and still starting up and showing the wipe, so i will see wht they will tell me about that issue
My Device: blackberry z10 stl100-1
My Carrier: sun

same as me, i experienced also that issue since id already install or should i say after installing version 10.2...so i decided to brought my unit to service center and the diagnos was they advised me to not to update for the mean time the version to 10.2, since that version has an issue of charging or intermittent problem in charging.....they issued to me new unit and they replace with new one also the accessories charger and usb......and before i update the version first contact them and ask for update if possible to install the latest version since it has an issued....

just want to share my bad experienced...

thanks