Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone GR, Vodafone UK

Battery

The battery lasts less than 5 hours. I bought the bundle but somehow it does not work so I have to switch off my Z10 and change battery. Do all Z10 users have the same problem with battery life and is there anything I can do to improve this situation?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Battery

Hi Cov

Tell us the version of the OS you have on your z10

In others you know

The battery life also depends on how you use it to the blackberry
As also the use and amounts of applications running in the foreground and background.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: wind

Hi, i am Aldo having the same problems with my Battery. It lasts top 5 hours if not Less And i do nothing special with it. Max pictures, texting And Little internet use. I bought mine a week ago. Is it possibile to Get a replacement? I don t think this is normal, or Hope it is not . Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone GR, Vodafone UK

I am using 10.2.0.424 which has improved battery life from the previous OS that had the battery last less than 3 hours(!!). I have also changed the visual theme to dark everywhere I could that also helped but it is still an unacceptably short battery life. 

I bought the bundle in Hong Kong but unfortunately it is not working so I now have to change battery or use an external battery charger which is not very convenient when I do not carry a briefcase.

Contributor
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: AIRCEL INDIA

I have the issue. Have latest OS. It improves a bit after turning off swipe to unlock feature..
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

There is a lot that contributes to how long the battery can last.... Internet use, various apps left open that are running in the foreground / background and also don`t forget "The Hub"! That`s where all your accounts are and are constantly open in the background. The "push settings" on the email accounts will also drain battery... It makes a difference if you set your email "push service" to 15min or even 30min, instead of every  5min. Twiter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc....they are all running in the backround each one eating away from the battery power.

But if the battery lasts no longer than 5 hours, you most likely have other problems to deal with